Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sox83cubs84
    Banned
    • Apr 2009

Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Originally posted by 34swtns
    Patches are nice but us Bears fans don't get many opportunities to get them, unfortunately. The Upshaw patch that every team wore is the most recent that comes to mind.
    I agree about the Toronto patches. In last year's Wembley game both teams got to wear patches even though the Bucs were the "home team". Why not the Canadian game?
    Yeah, and, except for the Raiders, the other 31 teams (including the Bears) wore them only for thier season openers (home or road).

Dave Miedema

Comment

• sox83cubs84
      Banned
      • Apr 2009

Bears 27, Favres 13

6-3 and still in the hunt.

The diva looked awful...3 INT, 1 Fumble.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• pacman2680
        • Apr 2009

My first post on this thread, following a big win vs the fins. I picked up a great linebacker who played for both teams back in the day. This one shows good wear, including potential blood stains. Obtained from the freakman himself!
        Attached Files

Comment

• sox83cubs84
          Banned
          • Apr 2009

BEARS 16, Thigpens 0!!

Always nice to beat Miami...if it even marginally ticks off the classless 1973 bitter old men, it's worth it. They probably weren't reaking out champagne on the sidelines this time.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• sox83cubs84
            Banned
            • Apr 2009

BEARS 31, Eagles 26.

The Monsters of the Midway let the dogs out on Michael Vick and friends.
            8-3 and atop the NFC North alone (thank you, Atlanta).

Dave Miedema

Comment

• Vikingshelmetguy
              • Mar 2009

Bears collectors: Did you guys happen to see this Richard Dent game used helmet that recently went up for sale on Ebay and did not sell as the reserve was not met? What do you think about this helmet? I am not a Bears fan, so I can't tell if this helmet is legit, but it does have nice game wear.

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Vikingshelmetguy
                Bears collectors: Did you guys happen to see this Richard Dent game used helmet that recently went up for sale on Ebay and did not sell as the reserve was not met? What do you think about this helmet? I am not a Bears fan, so I can't tell if this helmet is legit, but it does have nice game wear.

I would suspect that if it only reached $52, there must be some issues. The Lou Lampson letter is less than comforting as well. The helmet may have made its rounds in the auction scene stirring up questions before, building a previous reputation as a problematic lid, but without the proper research on it, that is only a guess.

IMO - (1) if it's on eBay, (2) during the biggest buying season of the year, and (3) it only reached $52 - then there ARE issues with it. Certified or not. A helmet with that potential would fetch thousands if it had better provenance.

By no means am I a helmet guy, so I have no educational guess for you on what issues it may have. I figured you would know more than us.

This is a job/question for Robert, or if someone cares to take the time, hop on Getty and try to at least style match it.

Comment

• BU54CB
                  • Jul 2010

Originally posted by TriplexXxSports
                  I would suspect that if it only reached $52, there must be some issues. The Lou Lampson letter is less than comforting as well. The helmet may have made its rounds in the auction scene stirring up questions before, building a previous reputation as a problematic lid, but without the proper research on it, that is only a guess.

IMO - (1) if it's on eBay, (2) during the biggest buying season of the year, and (3) it only reached $52 - then there ARE issues with it. Certified or not. A helmet with that potential would fetch thousands if it had better provenance.

By no means am I a helmet guy, so I have no educational guess for you on what issues it may have. I figured you would know more than us.

This is a job/question for Robert, or if someone cares to take the time, hop on Getty and try to at least style match it.
                  I completely agree with that assessment, at the minimum those factors should be enough to raise a red flag with collectors. I looked on Getty and it appears that after a few minutes of research, a style match can be made. There is one thing that bothers me, the angle of the facemask on the ebay helmet seems to be vastly different than the Getty images. The ebay facemask angles away from the helmet at a sharper degree than the photos I looked at on Getty.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2009

[quote=TriplexXxSports;228419]I would suspect that if it only reached $52, there must be some issues. The Lou Lampson letter is less than comforting as well. The helmet may have made its rounds in the auction scene stirring up questions before, building a previous reputation as a problematic lid, but without the proper research on it, that is only a guess.

IMO - (1) if it's on eBay, (2) during the biggest buying season of the year, and (3) it only reached $52 - then there ARE issues with it. Certified or not. A helmet with that potential would fetch thousands if it had better provenance. (quote)

Don't forget (4)...it has a LOU LOA!

Dave Miedema

Comment

• Tyrcha
                      • Dec 2009

My newest pickup from the JO sale. Rashied Davis home jersey from '09 used against the Cardinals. There was a previous repair on the right shoulder, so there's a chance it was used in the BCA Lions game as well. Hopefully this is the case because I nabbed the would be matching BCA used wristbands a while back.
                      Attached Files

CBCollector.com
                      Collecting
                      Chicago Bears game used/worn memorabilia.

Comment

• neverfinished94
                        • Dec 2009

Does anyone know who picked up the Tommie Harris gu jersey off JO for $375???
                        looking for anything from former Tampa Bay Buccaneer & current Jacksonville Jag Roy Miller

Comment

• DaBears54
                          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by neverfinished94
                          Does anyone know who picked up the Tommie Harris gu jersey off JO for $375???
                          That would be me...

I haven't paid him for it yet, I'm still working on the funds for 2 other jerseys (Danielle Manning and Adrian Peterson).

I was thinking of letting it go. But it sounds like I would be a little crazy if I did.

Comment

• Tyrcha
                            • Dec 2009

My question is who snatched that away Izzy Idonije? I would be posting pics of that instead of 'Shied had I moved a little faster.

CBCollector.com
                            Collecting
                            Chicago Bears game used/worn memorabilia.

Comment

• 34swtns
                              • Apr 2006

Nice Rashied, Scott!

Comment

• BU54CB
                                • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Tyrcha
                                My question is who snatched that away Izzy Idonije? I would be posting pics of that instead of 'Shied had I moved a little faster.
                                I was looking at that Izzy as well, but I was a little too slow, and that includes pants as well. A good deal at $375

Comment

Working...