Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Photomatch on "grail"?

I have been looking for so many pictures to try to match this glove. THis is the best quality and detailed picture I can get of the glove during in-game use. I have come across pictures that look like a possibility, but this is my best bet. I can only assume it is the glove because of the fact that I believe he only had one glove during the season or so. Anyway, any help/opions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re: Photomatch on "grail"?

Only looks like a style-match IMO. There is nothing to actually match except for the fact that it's the same model glove, so there's no proof really to call it a photomatch.

Kyle knows more than I do on this. Can you use the knot on the glove as a matching spot? looks like the same knot and same length on the area tied.

Also there are three bumps of the web area too. i circle probably in the worst color - green. but maybe all glove of this style have this protrusion of the leather in those areas.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Thumbs up Re: Photomatch on "grail"?

The inside "fur" don't know its actual name, but it appears that the ends come up (loose) on the glove in the photo and mine is loose on the ends. Again, I don't know if it is enough to go on.

I am sure you saw it on mlb auctions, but in case you didnt, there is a pirates throwback milledge up until the 29th

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    The inside "fur" don't know its actual name, but it appears that the ends come up (loose) on the glove in the photo and mine is loose on the ends. Again, I don't know if it is enough to go on.
    are those the two short white dashes above the TPX logo? was wondering what that was.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

This is a stylematch and nothing more. End of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by MLB_Authentic View Post
    This is a stylematch and nothing more. End of discussion.
    i like to learn more. can you explain my observations.

so the knot cannot be used because the large knot is not static and is changeable or too common for this type of glove? the 3 bumps on web that I circled cannot be used since all glove would make the same bump. are these discounted or invalid matching areas?

you know more than i know on this subject.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

In my opinion this is the same glove. The bumps are very good tell, the knot looks same and the length of the leather strings But I see the curve near the top of the glove on the "I" section to be the best tell not pointed out already. I am not good with photos to get one on here and circle the area but the chances of finding another glove with the bumps and this curve and have the other features look correct would leave me with very very little doubt it is the same glove. With that being said it can't be called 100% photomatch....in my opinion it's the glove.

Joelsabi, I agree with you. I think people are overlooking/discounting the fine details in this comparison. There are enough unique data points to lean heavily towards calling this a match....the way the knots are tied, length and angles of leather strings, placement of the script "Lastings Milledge" vs other landmarks on the glove, etc. Maybe it would be easier in this case to look for something that does not match exactly in the comparison.....I don't see any.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Always looking for vintage game used bats of Houston Buffs and Colt .45's players.