Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: Nice work!!

Nice work!!

Looks like Black Friday applies to the fake Manny g/u bat market

http://cgi.ebay.com/Manny-Ramirez-ga...ht_2942wt_1167

http://cgi.ebay.com/Manny-Ramirez-ga...ht_3508wt_1167

All we need now is the fake g/u Indians two-tone D-bat and we'll have the complete set!

Re: Nice work!!

Quote Originally Posted by nationals2k9 View Post
    Looks like Black Friday applies to the fake Manny g/u bat market

http://cgi.ebay.com/Manny-Ramirez-ga...ht_2942wt_1167

http://cgi.ebay.com/Manny-Ramirez-ga...ht_3508wt_1167

All we need now is the fake g/u Indians two-tone D-bat and we'll have the complete set!
    how can you tell? you looking at physical characteristics of the bat or you basing it on the bat model?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

They're the exact same model bat with two different team names. The price is WAY too low, especially for the "Dodgers" bat. The ball marks are concentrated on the wrong part of the barrel. The story in the description makes no sense. For instance, how does this person acquire a 2009 bat a few years ago? "I happen to know a few ballplayers" is sketchy too. But maybe above all, there are 0 known photos of Manny using a D-bat during a game!

Looks to me like a classic factory order taken out back to hit a few around and see who can be scammed for a few bucks.

They're the exact same model bat with two different team names. The price is WAY too low, especially for the "Dodgers" bat. The ball marks are concentrated on the wrong part of the barrel. The story in the description makes no sense. For instance, how does this person acquire a 2009 bat a few years ago? "I happen to know a few ballplayers" is sketchy too. But maybe above all, there are 0 known photos of Manny using a D-bat during a game!

Looks to me like a classic factory order taken out back to hit a few around and see who can be scammed for a few bucks.
    hes previously sold two similar ramirez bats for less than $200.

interesting to see other takes on this bat by ramirez bat experts.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

I don't collect Manny but I see a lot of red flags that would make me stay away.....
    As mentioned before the ball marks appear on the wrong side (it's possible but not usual, most of the time if their is marks on the wrong side you will see marks everywhere and not just exclusively on the wrong side).

D-Bats aren't Manny's bat of choice...so you probably are looking at a BP bat at best if Manny actually had these.

With Manny not using D-Bats as his brand of choice seeing the seller just selling D-Bats is very odd.

The statement "I know a few big leaguers so I came across these"....um what? Unless other Big Leaguers just happen to have all of Manny's D-Bats he didn't want laying around what would this have to do with anything.

The price......He is selling very cheap (just sold one for $125 on a buy it now)...can't say they aren't real because of the price but add the other factors and it makes a big red flag.

Players, especially stars have access to any brand and are sought out by companies to try there product...Players like Manny and Albert are always giving away "off-brand" bats that they never use in game play to friends back home or to minor leaguers. I have seen a million "Pujols" gamers that dont have his characteristics and numbers like "89" on the knob.

Another possibility is he could have bats ordered with the name on them possibly I am not familiar with how D-Bats can be ordered but...I know X-bats were famous for this problem.

If had to guess I would say either they are given to Minor Leaguers to use (deep lace indentions would provide details of at least high velocity balls making contact), doctored by someone to look like manny gamers in a backyard somewhere (probably only light surface transfers).....Or they were BP bats manny used and gave away only to be claimed later as game used.

Chance of manny using these IMO is very tiny

For instance, how does this person acquire a 2009 bat a few years ago?

I questioned the seller on that and this is his response:

"I listed a few bats already and just used the template so I don't have to enter in the information every time. It was a typo. Thanks"

Banned

A complex analysis is not needed here. He claims it is a 2009 gamer, starting in the 2009 season only Louisville Slugger can put team names on bats per MLB's rules, the bat in the link has the team name written on it and D-Bat would not be allowed to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    A complex analysis is not needed here. He claims it is a 2009 gamer, starting in the 2009 season only Louisville Slugger can put team names on bats per MLB's rules, the bat in the link has the team name written on it and D-Bat would not be allowed to do that.
    completely overlooked the easy one, yep only louisville is the only one that can put the team name on....thanks legaleagle! sometimes its the easiest things you miss!