Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Re: December pick ups

Was that the Griffey on Ebay? I noticed it disappeared!

That COA from the Reds says nothing about the bat.

Did you buy that Junior bat as a gamer? Because I've never seen any with those markings, usually the "swingman" is in place of his signature. You might want to ask the LV rep on here what he thinks.

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Guy I purchased it from got it in a silent auction in 2002 at Redsfest. He is very legit with all his Reds items and was set up this year at Redsfest. I'm going to contact the Community Fund about getting a COA stating the Griffey bat on it. Also I don't understand the statement about SWINGMAN bat having no signatures, all the ones I have seen have them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Looking for Cincinnati Reds Game Used.....Please help me !!! kentuckywildcatzz@hotmail.com

Banned

I just recieved these 2 bats today. The top bat is from Alcides Escobar and is un-cracked. The bottom bat is from Brett Lawrie and is cracked in the handle. Both bats show great game use to them with many ball marks, stitch imprints and pine tar. Alcides will be the starting short stop for the Brewers and Brett is their top prospect.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

I may be wrong but I believe the Swingman is usually in place of the team name and not his signature as stated

"Swingman" is in the appropiate place....it has always replaced the team name not his name.

Just got my new prized piece. A 2007 Ankiel Home cool base jersey with World Series and Josh Hancock patches.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by SkubeBats View Post
    I just recieved these 2 bats today. The top bat is from Alcides Escobar and is un-cracked. The bottom bat is from Brett Lawrie and is cracked in the handle. Both bats show great game use to them with many ball marks, stitch imprints and pine tar. Alcides will be the starting short stop for the Brewers and Brett is their top prospect.

LOVE the Lawrie bat, I hope to add one of his bats to my collection sometime soon. Congrats on two great bats!

-Pam

Banned

Pam,
    Thanks! Yes, the Lawrie bat is just a great looking bat and shows nice use to it. This is the second Lawrie bat I have now, you don't find his bats any where. Are you a Lawrie fan or a Brewers fan??