Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Game Used - Play On Words? - ALEX RODRIGUEZ SIGNED GAME USED BAT - 2,500 HIT YANKEES

Is this the bat he used to hit his 2,500 hit? Or a bat used in that game?

ALEX RODRIGUEZ SIGNED GAME USED BAT - 2,500 HIT YANKEES

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALEX-RODRIGUEZ-S...item439bdcc084

Auction: This bat was used during the game Alex Rodriguez got his 2,500 Career Hit.

Hologram number LH713714 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BAT.
    Session Product Description:

Session Name: NYY AT BAL
    Session Date: September 02, 2009
    Autographer:
    Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
    Additional Information: BAT USED WHEN ALEX RODRIGUEZ HAD HIS 2500TH CAREER HIT-LOUISVILLE SLUGGER, BLK, ASH, NAME ON BAT: ALEX RODRIGUEZ

Regards, Tony
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Re: Game Used - Play On Words? - ALEX RODRIGUEZ SIGNED GAME USED BAT - 2,500 HIT YANKEES

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Is this the bat he used to hit his 2,500 hit? Or a bat used in that game?

ALEX RODRIGUEZ SIGNED GAME USED BAT - 2,500 HIT YANKEES

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALEX-RODRIGUEZ-S...item439bdcc084

Auction: This bat was used during the game Alex Rodriguez got his 2,500 Career Hit.

Hologram number LH713714 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BAT.
    Session Product Description:

Session Name: NYY AT BAL
    Session Date: September 02, 2009
    Autographer:
    Additional Information: BAT USED WHEN ALEX RODRIGUEZ HAD HIS 2500TH CAREER HIT-LOUISVILLE SLUGGER, BLK, ASH, NAME ON BAT: ALEX RODRIGUEZ

Regards, Tony
    They need to do a better job in their descriptions. Shouldn't be questionable. Should be very specific.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Re: Game Used - Play On Words? - ALEX RODRIGUEZ SIGNED GAME USED BAT - 2,500 HIT YANKEES

I agree Tony. It's open to alot of intepretations.

I think it's also interesting that the bat is dated 6/24/2009 and used in 9/2/09. It would be interesting to know what dates HB sent Arod bats and if they sent all his bats in July 2009 and none leading up to Sept. (which would explain the June birth date being used in Sept).
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Tony,

This is the third bat that they have sold on Ebay where the description did no give the bat a full 100% endorsement. I would ask for the reading of the COA.

HR 535
    “THIS BAT SHOWS REAL NICE USE AND HAS SOME MAJOR HISTORY NOW!”

HR 562
    “This bat was used 6/13/09, the day AROD hit is 562 career homerun!”

and now

HIT 2500
    This bat was used during the game Alex Rodriguez got his 2,500 Career Hit.

Regards,

Joel
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    Tony,

This is the third bat that they have sold on Ebay where the description did no give the bat a full 100% endorsement. I would ask for the reading of the COA.

HR 535
    “THIS BAT SHOWS REAL NICE USE AND HAS SOME MAJOR HISTORY NOW!”

HR 562
    “This bat was used 6/13/09, the day AROD hit is 562 career homerun!”

and now

HIT 2500
    This bat was used during the game Alex Rodriguez got his 2,500 Career Hit.

Regards,

Joel
    oh. base on the results of the HR 562 that was discussed here, i doubt it was the bat used to hit his 2500 career hit.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

oh. base on the results of the HR 562 that was discussed here, i doubt it was the bat used to hit his 2500 career hit.
    maybe it could be. the HR 562 bat was the bat the boitaino found discrepancy with circular date stamp on it. that bat had no reserve and the description on mlb authentication had no description of being the bat used as a homerun bat. at least this one has a description on MLB autheticated for 2500 hit.

and they arent giving it away at 10K. So maybe it is.

The seller needs to do a better job when endorsing their product.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

maybe it could be. the HR 562 bat was the bat the boitaino found discrepancy with circular date stamp on it. that bat had no reserve and the description on mlb authentication had no description of being the bat used as a homerun bat. at least this one has a description on MLB autheticated for 2500 hit.

and they arent giving it away at 10K. So maybe it is.

The seller needs to do a better job when endorsing their product.
    Joel,

If it was the bat, it should read:

Additional Information: BAT USED WHEN ALEX RODRIGUEZ HIT (NOT "HAD HIT") 2500TH CAREER HIT-LOUISVILLE SLUGGER, BLK, ASH, NAME ON BAT: ALEX RODRIGUEZ

They have to be specific (exact) in their description. Especially MLB.

Regards, Tony
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here is a screen shot of the hit...looks like there is a huge white mark next to the LS logo...can't tell from the sellers pix if it is on the bat, but maybe someone who is interested can ask the seller...

Tony - just checking to see if you have photomatched your first grandslam bat? It maybe the only way to protect your arod investments, because I think more and more of these inscriptions are misleading and educated buyers may have second thoughts in the future. Like the 1996 All Star grey flannel auction jersey, the auction house has in the description this is the 2nd 1996 Allstar game gameworn jersey to be auctioned signed by Arod as game worn. I would of bid on that jersey but there is to much doubt and would hate to invest so much in an item that I'm not 100% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Joel,

If it was the bat, it should read:

Additional Information: BAT USED WHEN ALEX RODRIGUEZ HIT (NOT "HAD HIT") 2500TH CAREER HIT-LOUISVILLE SLUGGER, BLK, ASH, NAME ON BAT: ALEX RODRIGUEZ

They have to be specific (exact) in their description. Especially MLB.

Regards, Tony
    Tony,

I go along with what you said. If you look at other items from that day, you get several baseballs. You can see the specific descriptions that you allude to. Notice the change from the actual 2500 ball compare to a baseball used from that game.

LH LH713690
    ALEX RODRIGUEZ'S 2,500TH CAREER HIT BALL--BERKEN PITCH TO RODRIGUEZ, TOP OF 5TH, BALL HIT TO CENTER

LH 713691 thru LH 713714
    Additional Information: BALL USED IN GAME THAT ALEX RODRIGUEZ HAD HIS 2500TH CAREER HIT
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com