Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

GFC ABA jersey values

Any guesses why the explosion in value of basketball jerseys on GF? Multiple 50Ks in the last auction, another over 25K with a day to go on this one.

Re: GFC ABA jersey values

Spirits of St. Louis jersey went for $50K again. Doesn't anyone find this to be a bit overpriced?

It may very well be the coolest basketball jersey style ever made, but yes 50K is overpriced. A lot of painfully rich folks shop at Grey Flannel. Grey Flannel has been selling some incredible hoop jerseys over the past couple of years. I can't imagine someone, who is not a millionaire spending 50 grrrr on a tank-top. I sold my last ABA jersey for $4,000 and my wife wanted me to spend the money on frivolous things like rent and groceries.

- GFC always has the best selection of old hoops jerseys, IMO
    - ABA jerseys will always be desirable
    - GFC bidders have deep pockets
    - I once spoke on the phone to a gentleman who had numerous high end pieces up for auction with GFC and he said if the auction didn't reach a certain price, he'd be "buying the jersey back". Perhaps that's open to interpretation, but I'm confident that I know what he meant.

It does make sense, they set up at all the Hof inductions, it wouldnt be hard to put together a pretty big client list. Dont forget NBA auctions/Meigray client exquisite613 or something like that, buys everything hoops. There for a while, any rookie jersey of any player would go for big bucks. Also Basketball is very global sport so i am sure they get some big hitters all around.