Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What would you rather have, prices being equal?

Say you had the choice of these two items for the same price. Which would you choose and why?

Joe Mauer Autographed MLB Baseball IronClad/MLB Authenticated

Jason Kubel Game Used 2008 Bat MLB Authenticated and photomatched to at least 1 Homerun.

Your thoughts?

Re: What would you rather have, prices being equal?

Wouldn't even have to think about it. I'd take the bat. In fact I'd take the bat, even even if it cost more than the ball. Joe Mauer will be signing baseballs for the next 50 years. That bat is tied to a specific moment(s) in an actual game. Really no contest in my mind.

Bat for sure. The other is just an auto

Banned

The bat hands down. These days autographs even of a great player like Joe are a dime a dozen any collector can simply go on Ironclads website and order one or go on ebay and find several that originated with Ironclad. An autographed baseball is held by a player for a few seconds and the player has zero personal connection with it it is exactly the same as the other few hundred he signed at that signing. A gamer is an item that was made for that player, that in many cases he taped or added pine tar to himself and that he had in his hand when he made his living at the plate. The bat in question was the object that a player used to hit a home run and you can't top that. Even the greatest power hitter will hit less home runs and hence even if he uses a different bat for each of them will have less homer bats than the amount of baseballs signed at one of several signings a player participates in during a year. It has been estimated that even Babe Ruth who died in 1948 signed over a million autographs imagine how many today's players probably will sign in their lives.

I agree with most of what you guys are saying. However, Mauer Ironclad Balls are very hard to find now that he is no longer with Ironclad. He recently signed with IMG and it is unclear if he will be signing in the future.

Thanks for the opinions so far.

Quote Originally Posted by MLB_Authentic View Post
    I agree with most of what you guys are saying. However, Mauer Ironclad Balls are very hard to find now that he is no longer with Ironclad. He recently signed with IMG and it is unclear if he will be signing in the future.

Thanks for the opinions so far.
    i see three Mauer Ironclad balls on ebay. Should not be hard to locate in the future. Unless you favor Mauer in your collection, take the bat instead.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

definitely bat
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Bat
    Davis Emburey
    demburey@netzero.net
    Always looking for late 70's-late 80's Mariners game used bats!

Bat, no question.

How many autographs will Mauer sign in his lifetime?

How many photomatched Kubel homerun bats will be used and available on the market?

BAT