Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: JSA autograph authentication question

Quote Originally Posted by dbushing1 View Post
    1. Collect only autographs you get in person. That is a 100% slam dunk. I have a few autographs of players I've met, all obtained in person. But what if I want to collect players who died before I started? Is seems, by some of the prices I have seen, that many people do collect deceased players, so what safety net do they have to make sure the autographs are correct?

David Bushing
    I agree wholeheartedly, but it's a real drag when your "in person" signatures came back from an authentication service as fake or inconclusive. Everyone eventually sells their collection, which is when they'll usually get their high-end sigs authenticated.

Also, with this new breed of athletes who don't know how to write legibly, good luck getting ANY of that scribble authenticated (obviously not the fault of the authenticator).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Re: JSA autograph authentication question

I agree wholeheartedly, but it's a real drag when your "in person" signatures came back from an authentication service as fake or inconclusive.
    Yeah, I've read about people getting their "in persons" failed. Or they get 2 in a row and only one passes. I think some of it has to do with whether you are a company that does quite a bit of business with that autograph authenticator.

The turnaround time on some eBay signed items (bought w/o any COA and then re-listed with authentication) would almost make you think some of these sellers apply the stickers themselves. Nah, that'd be shady.