Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nats sign Pudge!

Just read that the Nats signed 38 year old Pudge Rodriguez. I hope he still something left in the tank. He should be a good fit to guide these young arms.

Got Brian Bruney from the Yanks too....Rizzo is dealing!

Re: Nats sign Pudge!

When I heard that the Nats got Pudge I was actually overjoyed! The Nats have acquired two players that I desperately wanted the O's to sign LOL (Pudge and Dunn). I hope he can do to the Nats what he did for the Marlins. I wonder if this could mean they are putting Strasburg (sp) on the fast track to the bigs?! Every year the Nats seem to add another interesting piece to their puzzle...I hope this one helps in every aspect for them. Makes me wonder if they will finish with a better record than the O's this season...also, makes me wonder if they could potentially be one of next years surprises!!!

wade

I was hoping Pudge would finish his career with the Rangers when he returned last year. But with Hicks financial situation and the uncertainty that brings I understand his taking the better financial offer from the Nats. Still would have been nice for him to finish in Texas.

2 yrs, 6 mil is stupid. The Nats could have spent the money wiser.

I'm just glad they owners are spending some $.

Quote Originally Posted by BULBUS View Post
    2 yrs, 6 mil is stupid. The Nats could have spent the money wiser.
    Interesting it is another Boras client. Boras won't be making a big impact in this Free Agent market.

Yes, $6 mill was overpaying for a backup who is 38 years old and hopefully IRod proves all the doubters wrong and gets 150 hits this year!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

I rather have Wil, he filled in nicely both years for the Nats, was a great person (a real geuine guy), and did so much for the Nats' charities. He will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    I rather have Wil, he filled in nicely both years for the Nats, was a great person (a real geuine guy), and did so much for the Nats' charities. He will be missed.
    Wil is a tremendous person in so many ways. I have thought the same possibility that there may not be a place for him now.

I don't know if I told you that I bought Wil's catchers gear from this past season, and had hoped to do the same for many years looking forward.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Funny how no one mentions he was an other roid head! Maybe he will guide those great young arms to the medicine cabinet!

He guided the young Marlin and Tigers pitchers to the World Series, not the medicine cabinet.