Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Exclamation Question Regarding MEARS??

I just found out that MEARS has a employee working for them that was convicted of selling fake Brett Favre autographs. His name is Ron Marth and was the owner of MR. Sports in Milwaukee, Wisconsin back in the 1990's. He was found guilty of selling hundreds of fake autographs back in the late 1990's and spent jail time for his crime. Brett himself helped the feds with this case. I just can't believe that MEARS would employ some one like this. I guess he has been working for MEARS for over a year now. Troy always says that he wants his company to be a honest and trustworthy company but if you ask me this isn't to honest. How can you have someone like this working for you. All I know is I just lost total trust in them now. Let me know what your feeling are about this.

Re: What's wrong with MEARS??

maybe they employed him and put him on email duty.
    Collecting current Brewers players and Prospects

brewergamer28@yahoo.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Skubebats,

The gonvernment often hires ex-hackers and former felons to assist them in helping prevent crimes like they did. Sometimes it takes a cheat to know one....I am not sure about this particular case but I believe everyone deserves a second chance...

Michael Vick works with peta for instance.....

If the man served jail time, then he is on notice to be honest and upstanding. If MEARS gets caught slipping, then I am sure that this forum will report it. Being an ex-con doesn't mean you can never work again. It is completely understandable to watch this gentleman's future actions. I am sure that MEARS is aware of his past. I do not think that this hiring speaks negatively of MEARS' business practices.

Banned

It is terriable I am all for second chances but if he is actually allowed to authenticate anything it gives him the temptation and a great opportunity to get back to his old tricks so to speak. It is like hiring a recovering alcoholic to work in a bar. Even if he is on "email duty" as someone else suggested there are alot of people out there without criminal records for selling fake sports memorabilia who they could have hired instead that I am sure am just as knowledgable. It just looks bad for MEARS.

Banned

Upon further thought I recant my post as long as he is not authenticating without very close supervision. If he is advising that is a great thing as who knows a crook better than another crook. I think they owe it to their customers though to explain his past on their website and his role with the company for all to see.

I can't imagine Mears, knowing that people would find out about this guy one way or another, would do something to tarnish themselves, so I assume they are using this guy in a beneficial way. It would be nice for them to make some sort of public acknowledgement though.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Quote Originally Posted by spartakid View Post
    I can't imagine Mears, knowing that people would find out about this guy one way or another, would do something to tarnish themselves, so I assume they are using this guy in a beneficial way. It would be nice for them to make some sort of public acknowledgement though.
    in the same vein as spartakid, what position does this guy hold at mears? lets not judge without knowing all the facts. there are some positions that the guy can fill and have no importance to maintaining the integrity of the company.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Banned

I know everyone should get a second chance I will agree with this. At least they should disclose this to everyone that Ron is working for them. It just looks like their trying to hide the fact that he works for them. I live here in Wisconsin and I heard and seen everything about Ron and I wouldn't want to deal with a company that employes him. MEARS gets rid of Dave Miedema and looses Chris Narat, John Conard, and Paul Tenpenny but keep this clown around. I don't understand that...