Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Re: Dolphins Game Used Jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by JimCaravello View Post
    Great pics - thanks - gotta be from 1989 then? Does that make sense with "CR" code? Thoughts?
    Jim - If the code is correct, how can the jersey be worn a year BEFORE it was made?

I just don't see any remnants of the front patch or the armband.......

Were these patches worn all season?

Banned

I just don't see any remnants of the front patch or the armband.......

Were these patches worn all season?
    The JR patches were worn for quite a few years and I am NOT sure what year they stopped wearing the patch. I would like to add that Marino really trimmed the sleeve ends on his jerseys so the possibility exists that a patch was NOT sewn on some of his jerseys.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

OK - so I found these two jerseys in past AMI auctions. The first is an Elway which was listed and sold as a 1989 - 1990 jersey - this particular jersey has a "CO" code. ....

The second jersey is a Curt Warner jersey from 1989 with a "BV" code....

Is it possible to that the "C" code was also used in 1989 - as is indicated in the Elway listing??

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...aucsearch=1989 jersey&AucListType=closed&TitleDesc=0&period=&offs et=40

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...aucsearch=1989 jersey&AucListType=closed&TitleDesc=0&period=&offs et=30

Jim,

One of the challenges with Marino jerseys is the amount of "game issued" shirts.Even if all the tagging,etc. is correct,it is impossible imo to determine game use/wear especially since he was rarely sacked.Photo match would be very challenging.In addition he would wear 2 jerseys per game.Happy Holidays.

Carlos
    fernsix@aol.com

always buying 60's,70's Dolphins

Need help authenticating some late 80's / early 90's Dolphins jerseys. Can someone help or direct me to the best person who can help? Thanks in advance......Jim
    I knew a guy who worked for the dolphins and have seen many marino gamers. I can tell you that for most of his career Marino would have the underside of his sleeves cut...each year it would be done a slightly different way by the equipment manager....It appears as though the sleeves are not cut from the photos.....are they? if so can you post a picture?