Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: What would you do?

I noticed the jersey as well, perhaps since it was listed in autographs/jerseys, not the game worn section,the seller thinks it didn't get enough exposure. Either way, it's completely uncool for the seller to do that, and they should honor the auction price, it's not like he was gonna be out some cash, just look at his card auctions and the stuff he sold recently, there's a decent amount of $$$ there.

Certainly report it to ebay, the seller will get a strike against them. Or even, just try to work something out maybe for a few bucks more. I know it's not the coolest approach, but there's likely only one of those out there.. Just a thought.
    Following Game Used/Worn auctions and team sales: www.twitter.com/gameused

Quote Originally Posted by slam View Post
    I believe this was NOT game used. They were trying to mislead any buyers. Correct me if I'm wrong but if you do a search there is a game used set and then there was a set that was just signed and auctioned off by Hunts. So may be they did you a favor.
    Slam -

MLB Holo - LH 154066

Per MLB Authentication Page:

Session Name: 2008 HOME RUN DERBY
    Session Date: July 14, 2008
    Autographer: LANCE BERKMAN
    Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
    Additional Information: 2008 ALL STAR BATTING PRACTICE JERSEY
    Unless he happened to sign a bunch of PRO SIZED (SZ 50, NOT L, XL, XXL) the same day as the workouts and HR Derby, this is his jersey.

I know they make two sets - and for the last few years, Topps gets one set and cuts them up for Topps Update for that year for the ASG Stitches and ASG Patches Cards.

I own Matt Holliday's 2006 GU BP ASG Jersey and Matt verified he didn't keep one and inscribed it GAME USED for me after checking it out and seeing the holgram and info.

I'm pretty certain Lance would do the same for this one, so I am beyond ticked off with the seller. With their feedback and the items they sell (I checked them out), they know what they're doing and what they have, so this is their mistake and I intend to make them pay.

- Chris

I believe there were 3 sets and Hunts sold a set last year. I do have an All Star 2009 jersey and it does say in the description Game Used maybe it was different in 2008. I know this was been talked about here before. Can anyone else chime in?

Slam -

Even if they made three sets, it is still a Game Issue jersey - not an 'off the rack' authentic as they do not (to my knowledge) sell 'sized' ASG jerseys and Sz 50 has always been an Issued/Game Sz since Rawlings was making everyone's jerseys... at retail, you could get 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60 but the 'in between sizes' (42, 46, 50, 54, 58) have always been reserved for the pros...

That alone makes it worth more than a standard ASG Berman Jersey, but I've never heard of three sets being made for the ASG BP jerseys. As far as I've always know/ been told, it's two sets.

Bottom line is, MLB's authenticator's 'tagged and bagged' it. That and the SZ 50 is what got me in on the bidding... my 'Limit Bid' that I dropped late in the auction was a few hundred +...

All the best -

Chris

P.S. - If you find out any other info about the number of BP jerseys for the ASG, let me know.

Here is her response:

Look I am telling you that the Jersey is gone. We work together selling items on Ebay and to friends and family. I had listed the item to sell it and unfortunately he took it to sell it to one of his friends. It is gone. There is nothing I can do. I will be getting some more jerseys in about 3 weeks. You may contact your attorney; they will not do anything about it because there is nothing they can do. I already contacted Ebay and told them about the problem. They said there is nothing they can do because it is gone. I can give you a discount on some stuff that I will be listing in about 3 weeks. I will be out of town for 3 weeks. Believe me this jersey will never appear on Ebay because it is gone. Once again I am so sorry; this has never happened before...I could have cared less for this Jersey to keep it. I have sold many items that are worth hundreds and have never held back on anything?.Pat

I will be using all the info she is providing to me as ammo. This is no longer about her 'kid' selling an item behind her back - he is her business partner ('we work together selling...') and by not sharing info with each other and ending the auction, they made this a FRAUDULENT Electronic Listing which I will forward to the proper authorities - NOT eBay.

Also, she says he sold it to a friend? Then go get it back - you know who has it.

I wrote back and told her to do the RIGHT thing, not the easy thing which is basically blowing me off.

For those who don't know me, I am pit bull when it comes to matters of principle like this. Hell, about 2 years ago on Sports Card Forum (SCF) a kid ripped off a bunch of people (including me) and hid behind his mom who said he hacked her eBay acct and PayPal acct. Through diligent research, it came to light that they knew the Detective that had been assigned to the case and he was doing NOTHING for the members that had been ripped off.

I did my on-line research, contacted the MAYOR and CHIEF of POLICE of the town and old them the whole sorid story along with a copy of the letter I was ready to send to all of their local papers discussing their slack police force and detective.

Lo and behold - EVERYONE had their items or Money Back with-in three days.

I will continue to fight this fight and let everyone know the outcome.

- Chris

Sounds like the Seller made a big Mistake. It`s prolly happened to most of us selling on Ebay, I`ve done it. I`ve also simply packed up the Bat (or whatever) & shipped it.

I would suggest you simply let it go, it`s as easy as you make it! The Holidays are here, Celebrate w/ Family & Friends. Go have a nice Drink or Cigar!

Sean

Yeah let it go, it's not like you lost any money in this situation

And it's not worth the trouble and the whole thing will probably end up being a big waste of time in the long run
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

I hate when people resort to threaten legal action, especially for a small time eBay auction.

I know you're disappointed (I would be as well), but leave the necessary feedback and move on.....

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMan View Post
    I would suggest you simply let it go, it`s as easy as you make it! The Holidays are here, Celebrate w/ Family & Friends. Go have a nice Drink or Cigar!

Sean
    I agree with 10thMan. It's the holidays and, while it appears you are absolutely right, I would rather enjoy time with my family than chase down some lady who refused to sell me a jersey. If you spend six hours of your time chasing this lady down and end up with the jersey imagine what else you could have done with that time. For me, my time is the most valuable commodity I have so I try to spend it positively, especially this time of year.

I guess I would be in the "it sucks, but move on" camp as well. What would getting a lawyer involved do? Other than not getting a jersey that you thought you were going to get at a steal of a price, what are your real damages?

My opinion, life is too short to get worked up over other people's misgivings.
    email is matmuell at umich.edu