Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: What would you do?

You are going to get no where with this. The worst that will happen is that eBay sends the seller a warning. Move on and spend the time you will waste on this to someting more worth while.

I would ask the seller, being that her son sold it to a "friend", cant he refund his money and get the jersey back? The "frien should understand. If she still refuses, leave the appropriate feedback, and move on.

I know it is easy to say forget about it and move on, but i got screwed out of a pair of Magic Johnson game worn shoes and a Michael Beasley High School jersey and i still think about missing out on them all the time....so i hope you persue it and i hope you get the jersey.

What a bad lie... Its a shame they won't live up to their end of the bargain.

I once bought an item that was listed with a $25 BIN, also purchased at the same time from same seller, two other items at $20 each. Paid immediately. 5 days later I ask for confirmation of shipping and am told the $25 item will not ship and the two $20 items would ship when they got around to it. The $25 item could have probably sold for $75 and the two $20 items for $50. I filied an item not received claim on the $25 item. Seller relists the item at $35 BIN. It sells to somebody else. Seller sends me all three items, never had refunded my $25+shipping. Then demands I return the item they shipped to me. Silly... They listed, I bought, I paid, they kept my money and shipped it to me and wanted me to return it to them at my own expense... Silly.

Anyhow, legal action and ebay probably wont get you anywhere. Leave a negative, file an item not received complaint... Thats probably about the extent of your recourse because, technically, you didnt lose any money (except potential resale gains)... I just dont think anybody will have the desire to help you gain execution of the contract, maybe the threats will scare the seller into it, but I'd be surprised.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Have you ever seen an auction where the seller lists all the emails he/she receives during the course of the auction? It's great entertainment. Dozens of offers, trying to get the item for less than it's worth. Mostly by peeps who want to flip the item.

I'm sure these people still send emails, even on auction items that have ended.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Hello all...

I am quite perplexed and quite frankly, pissed off.

I was out with my family this evening and was watching an auction on eBay and bid and won (on my iPhone) a GU and AU 2008 ASG BP jersey of Lance Berkman. And it was cheap (under $100) w/ MLB holo which I had already verified.

That was just about 7pm when the auction ended. I get home and come to check eMail to rcv a message from the seller not to pay. It's no longer available - hell, just read the eMail below:

This was rcvd just about 8pm - just an hour after the auction ended.

I wrote back, told here I was not happy and that she had entered into a LEGAL binding agreement by offering the item just as I had by bidding on it.

I then proceeded to let her know that I will be checking my options with eBay - as well as my attorney - and consider pursuin Legal Action. I have the MLB Holo # and will be watching for it to come up at auction again.

I then asked exactly how she plans to 'make it up' to me' and told her my suggestion was that she make her son obtain the jersey from the buyer and she complete our transaction as it sits. I also told her that I have the MLB Authentication # as well.

And I told her the ball is now in her court.

What would you do?

- Chris
    Chris - If you have an attorney at your disposal, I would pursue it and I would send payment away ASAP. My thoughts are, at this point, is the contract complete? Yes, the item was listed, yes you won it but did you pay for it? Paying for it completes the deal. Let the seller return your money but at least you were prepared to and you did in fact carry out your end of the contract.

Sometimes, it's NOT about the money - it's the principle. If the jersey was indeed sold to a "friend", all the seller would need to do is explain the situation to their "friend" and I'm sure, if the story is true, the "friend" would return the jersey and you guys can complete the deal.

Keep us informed and good luck

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

Sorry about your luck.

But this happens everyday on ebay.

Sorry about your luck.

But this happens everyday on ebay.

I would say that if your just trying to flip the jersey and make some profit then just let it go. But if this jersey is something that you would REALLY like to have in your collection then go for it and see what you can do. I know that if something like this happened to me, and it was an item that i really wanted to keep, then id be really dissapointed. I personally prolly wouldnt go through all the legal troubles (just cause im too lazy to do all the research) the futhest i'd prolly go would be through emails with the seller. If youve got the motivation for research and messing around with lawyers then go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    I hate when people resort to threaten legal action, especially for a small time eBay auction.

I know you're disappointed (I would be as well), but leave the necessary feedback and move on.....
    agreed.

i would leave things up to karma.