Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What would you do?

Hello all...

I am quite perplexed and quite frankly, pissed off.

I was out with my family this evening and was watching an auction on eBay and bid and won (on my iPhone) a GU and AU 2008 ASG BP jersey of Lance Berkman. And it was cheap (under $100) w/ MLB holo which I had already verified.

That was just about 7pm when the auction ended. I get home and come to check eMail to rcv a message from the seller not to pay. It's no longer available - hell, just read the eMail below:

Hi, please do not pay for this item. It is no longer available, my son sold it before even telling me. It was sold on Monday without my knowledge. I was checking our inventory to get it ready to ship once you pid. I am so sorry, I feel very bad. If you read my feedback, I have never had any problems. Once again I am so sorry, I can make it up for you. I am always gettting autograph jerseys and other memorabilia.
    This was rcvd just about 8pm - just an hour after the auction ended.

I wrote back, told here I was not happy and that she had entered into a LEGAL binding agreement by offering the item just as I had by bidding on it.

I then proceeded to let her know that I will be checking my options with eBay - as well as my attorney - and consider pursuin Legal Action. I have the MLB Holo # and will be watching for it to come up at auction again.

I then asked exactly how she plans to 'make it up' to me' and told her my suggestion was that she make her son obtain the jersey from the buyer and she complete our transaction as it sits. I also told her that I have the MLB Authentication # as well.

And I told her the ball is now in her court.

What would you do?

- Chris

Re: What would you do?

I would probably just say "Damn" and let it go. Be glad you didn't pay and get stiffed for the money and the jersey. It sounds like they weren't happy with the price but there is much that you can do. If you had paid, then it would be a different story.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

A Lance Berkman 2008 All Star Game BP-worn jersey? Under $100?

Yea, the guy just sounds like he didn't like the price. Who wouldn't! If I were you I'd continue into the direction you're heading in until he changes his mind.

"My son sold it" just sounds like too dumb of an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    I would probably just say "Damn" and let it go. Be glad you didn't pay and get stiffed for the money and the jersey. It sounds like they weren't happy with the price but there is much that you can do. If you had paid, then it would be a different story.
    Rob -

I know... I figure I'll try to stiff arm first though and see if I make any headway... either way, they'll be getting negative feedback from me as well as me being all over eBay (my feedback #s may not show it, but I have been with eBay since the beginning) as I have a few different direct #s for them.

If nothing else, so much for this seller's 'great feedback'...

- Chris

Yea, bad excuse. She just didn't want to let it go for that price, definitely a "steal" on your part.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

I think it would be best to completely forget about it. You are most likely no going to get the shirt or "have it made up to you."

The seller is just upset about the price and you deserve to own this jersey. Just last week my I sold some of my kid rock concert used drum sticks and I was unable to end the early due to a bid. The pair of sticks sold for $9.99 which is way under value. As a seller with over 600 positive feedback, all 100%, I still packed the sticks up, and shipped them to the winning bidder.

The seller in your case deserves negative feedback! If they want to make it up to you they need to paypal you what your bid was because as far as I see it they're BS'ing you.

If you decide you're unable to come to a compromise just tell them the hell with it and tell them to leave you positive feedback. Once they do they leave them negative feedback!

I believe this was NOT game used. They were trying to mislead any buyers. Correct me if I'm wrong but if you do a search there is a game used set and then there was a set that was just signed and auctioned off by Hunts. So may be they did you a favor.

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    A Lance Berkman 2008 All Star Game BP-worn jersey? Under $100?

Yea, the guy just sounds like he didn't like the price. Who wouldn't! If I were you I'd continue into the direction you're heading in until he changes his mind.

"My son sold it" just sounds like too dumb of an excuse.
    Kyle -

I plan to. My wife works for a law firm (she's been there 10 years) and one of the Atty's who were good friends with is a Comic Book Collector and he's actually pursued people over this same type BS before on Comic Book sales on eBay and elsewhere...

I'll be chatting with him tomorrow if I don't hear back from the seller.

I know eBay won't do squat, but I think (at least I hope) I have enough to squeeze the seller to do the right thing - hell, I've taken big losses before - that's why when and if I do list on eBay anymore, they are ALL fixed price with a Best Offer option and an Automatic threshold in the Best offer. As far as this item, I have the eBay listing, the MLB holo, proof that the auction went to COMPLETION, and THEN the item became unavailable.

I'll keep everybody updated here on how it goes.

- Chris

Although, still a good price for a signed jersey and hat.