Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

film worn jerseys

do any of you collect film worn sports related items? thinking of picking this up but don't have much knowledge in this area as much as game used items, any feedback would be helpful thanks

http://www.premiereprops.com/product...oducts_id=7574

Re: film worn jerseys

I have dabbled in this from time to time but it usually results in me selling that item rather than keeping it. After looking at the item you're thinking of purchasing, my first thought is that is grossly overpriced.

You might want to contact forum member Larry Pellicioni -- he probably knows more about the screen-worn stuff than anyone here.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Grossly overpriced, agree. Particularly since the costume department probably made up a half dozen of this exact jersey, and there's no real guarantee that the actor ever put this one on. They always have multiple standbys, in case of damage, or just so they have a clean one for reshoots, etc.

Another thing I don't like about it is that the only COA they're providing is their own - nothing from the studio or production company.

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    Another thing I don't like about it is that the only COA they're providing is their own - nothing from the studio or production company.
    like I said before, my knowledge in this area is limited, but isn't the LOA issued by them similar to the ones where sports memorabilia companies have in agreement with teams?

http://www.premiereprops.com/authenticity.php

thanks for the help, what is Larry Pellicioni board name here?

My board name is the same as my real name Larry Pelliccioni. My email is llpell@wowway.com and I would be happy to help you if I can.
    I can say that there are not alot of collectors who go after film worn memorobilia for some of the reasons articulated in the other posts although some of that information is a bit misleading. Premiere Props has been very active on ebay and has brought into the hobby, many wonderful items that in years past would have been recycled for other shoots.
    You raise a larger issue that has plagued both sports and film collector's for years and that is the value of letter or certificates of authenticity.
    Let me just say this and that the value is in the item not in a document, both can be forged.
    We get the items that movie studios and equipment managers want us to have and in many cases it justifies and is the item that truly was but like anything else, it has also opened the door for fraud.
    Anyway, contact me if you want my help, I stand willing to assist anyone, almost anytime and although my knowledge base pales in comparison to others, I have learned a little in the 36 years of collecting.
    Larry Pelliccioni

thank you for coming by Larry and for the good insight, I was unaware Premiere Props was active on Ebay and it looks that they have very solid feedback. considering the awards this film is going to win, the price for the item is not so bad. I'm also thinking of picking up one of the worn helmets from the film.

my only concern now is what godwulf mentioned earlier about having multiple sets of the same item and how can I be sure if what was in the film is the same item I am receiving? if you could also address that as well Larry that would be great.

There is no getting around what godwulf wrote. He stated the truth although I think it would be difficult to document exactly how many of each item was prepared for each actor and extra and then what of the items that are prepared are actually shown in the final cut of the movie.
    One item in my collection is Brian Bozworth's helmet from the Longest Yard. I freeze my dvd of the movie and the marks line up perfectly with what I have however on the back of my helmet is the #82, Boz wore #44. You can see the outline of another number's glue residue on the back but my thought is that he was used as filler in a scene after his scenes were done. I emailed him for confirmation but he never responded. He is probably still upset that I would not sell him back his Seattle Seahawks game worn helmet. Like sports there are alot of variants in the end, the only person that you have to satisfy is yourself. I will disclose that the reason I got into collecting film worn items is that I am not as likely to see a Detroit Red Wing game from 1998 in 20 years as I am likely to see Mystery Alaska (for whom I have the whole team's uniforms). It has been an expensive but rewarding hobby. Stop by our website if you get a chance, we have a section there with movie worn items that are very modestly priced.
    And all the best to you in your pursuit.
    Larry Pelliccioni

Let me be very clear, my invitation to come by my site is not so much an invitation to purchase which clearly violates the policy of this board which I respect but serves as a basis for comparison to what you are being offered.
    Thank you.
    Larry Pelliccioni

Banned

Premeire Props is a very reputable site/dealer they are usually contracted/affiliated with the movie wardrobe companies that provide for the actual movies and sell there items via there website and/or ebay.

As stated an LOA is only worth an LOA but Premierie Props in most cases will state what the item actually is on the LOA.
    Example.
    If it was the actual item worn by said actor.
    If it was an item worn by the stunt double.
    If it was a back up item.

If it was the actual worn item they will usually post a picture or state the scene it was used in.

I have purchased from them before and never been happier with the products I recieved.

Hey, Larry, I checked out your site, and I have to agree that your prices are very reasonable. My only complaint - Where's the Baseball stuff?!

I'm still kicking myself for not buying Robbie Sinclair's high school letter jacket from Dinosaurs when I had the chance a few years ago. I love that show, and that would have been a very cool item to own.