Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re: Stan Musial Possible 1962-1963 gamer

I've just spent 20 minutes of my life reading this thread, and all I can say is:

BRING BACK KEN GOLEM!!

The threads revolving around him were much, much funnier for the reader.

(I do give Steve a big pat on the back for coming here and clearly answering any questions posted to him, even though he has to know some people out there are just waiting for him to screw up so they can jump all over him.)

Ken S
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Should V.A. auction the jersey or send it back to me so I can pay for additional MEARS research and evaluation?

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    David/ISUbirdjersey,

Based on the recent posts from Eric and Steve Jensen, it would seem that you have a very unique way of remembering and presenting history.

Can you make sense of all of this for us? I need help here ... as your posts (including the ones you made under your banned userid) just don't add up for me. Please do not misinterpret my post as an attempt to "bait" you. I intend nothing of the sort. Clearly, I'm not the only one utterly baffled here (e.g., Warren, Steve, Eric, Howard, Rudy, Chris, and others all seem to share in at least some form of confusion, if not amazement).

Reid
    I would like to make another comment about this due to Reid's recent post in anothwer thread. I have 1 story about this Musial jersey and it is obvious that Steve's version is making me look like a liar. i will clarly present my discussion with Steve.

When Steve told me months ago the jersey failed as playing day Musila jersey, I wanted to have the jersey back so I think about what I wamnted to do with it. Steve claims when we talked that he told me if I ever wanted to consign the jersey, it would not be auctioned as a playing day jersey and the 62 would have to be removed. I do not recall that sentence ever being said to me but it is possibleI forgot due to being distracted I guess. I just don't recall agreeing to that but I don't want to dispute what Steve is saying. I just don't know.

What remains a fact is that when I sent the jersey back a second time, it was not RE-DISCUSSED. I had no knowledge the 62 was going to be removed as I did not and do not remember the first conversation Steve says we had about the 62. With that being said, I did not notice the 62 was removed until someone else recently brought it to my intention. I wanted to make it clear I did not do it as I know how the GUU members look at changing a jersey. Once it was done and this thread reappeared, I did have a phone conversation with Steve. he called to discuss the issue and he is well aware I said i had no knowledge he was going to remove the 62. I understand why some people don't think it should have been removed (because of the style of the Birds, it was obviously not a 62 jersey anyway), but I decided that since it was already removed, I would side with Steve and not get upset about the removal. Steve had good intentions by removing the 62 from the jersey so who am I to get upset. I simply told him that I would agree with his reasoning and that I too do not want anybody to get ripped off.

I have been attacked for not telling people originally that the Musial and Martin jersey were on ebay for a short time (Less than 24 hours). My reasoning behind this was that the completed auctions were still visible and I was not interested in telling people my source. The couple has 3 more game used items of significance and we all know that if I told who had the jerseys originally on eBay, they would be harrassed by members of this forum for many different reasons. If you knew where 5 1952 Topps Mantle cards were and the owners were dealing with you, why would you tell anyone else who the people were. That would be stupid. I think attacking me for not saying the two jerseys were originally on ebay is ignorant and uncalled for as that information was not important. That information has nothing to do with a (BTPH) "broke Sherlock Holmes."

What was the final outcome of this?
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ISUbirdjersey View Post
    I think attacking me for not saying the two jerseys were originally on ebay is ignorant and uncalled for as that information was not important. That information has nothing to do with a (BTPH) "broke Sherlock Holmes."

Other ideas: "out-of-work Magnum P.I."
    "Columbo on welfare"
    "Skid Row Sam Spade"

THIS really is my last reply to this thread, starting...........NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post

Other ideas: "out-of-work Magnum P.I."
    "Columbo on welfare"
    "Skid Row Sam Spade"

THIS really is my last reply to this thread, starting...........NOW!
    [content removed] i have yet to have one person tell me why I should have had to tell you or anyone else that i found the Musial and Martin jerseys on eBay. It doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    What was the final outcome of this?
    [content removed] you put all the stock in Steve Jensen's side of the story whcih made it look like I was not being up front. My recent explanation about the conversation between Steve and I (about the Musial jersey situation) has not been disputed by Steve for a reason. That is because I am telling the truth and it makes sense.

Additionally, to the posters [content removed] who suggested the winning bidder be referred to this thread. I can tell that suggestion was intended to mean so that the winning bidder could judge me and my story themselves. Your intention with that suggestion (which Steve agreed to do by posting that he too thought the winning bidder should see this thread) looks to me like it is supposed to make me look bad. To tell you the truth I would be more that happy to converse with the winning bidder. [content removed]

Chris, please allow my comments and their comments to remain in this post. [content removed]. I am not baiting or attacking anyone, just responding to their concerns. The Musial jersey is as is. I agree that I have no knowledge of Musial being an official coach. Howver, he perfectly may well have been a honorary instructor (or coach) at times. Jeff Scott has informed me that there is or was a post-career Musial Home jersey on display at the Cardinals Museum. So there is a history of a post career Musial jersey. I would guess he wore that jersey while at a Cardinals game. I guess that's what Lou thinks my jersey is. A post career coaches jersey.

Chris, please allow my comments and their comments to remain in this post. [content removed]. I am not baiting or attacking anyone, just responding to their concerns. The Musial jersey is as is. I agree that I have no knowledge of Musial being an official coach. Howver, he perfectly may well have been a honorary instructor (or coach) at times. Jeff Scott has informed me that there is or was a post-career Musial Home jersey on display at the Cardinals Museum. So there is a history of a post career Musial jersey. I would guess he wore that jersey while at a Cardinals game. I guess that's what Lou thinks my jersey is. A post career coaches jersey.
    Hello David,

I just sent you a private email. Please check your email box. I will address any questions you have privately. This forum is not the place to unleash unfounded accusations. I have been very patient with you given your previous history on the forum but my patience is running out.

I will be happy to address any questions you have via email. In fact, we had an email correspondence yesterday where the forum rules were made clear and I explained the protocols for any instances where you feel they are not being applied. Unfortunately, you have decided the very next day that these rules and protocols do not need to be followed.

Therefore, given your failure to abide in the forum rules, you will need to email me at this point as your account has been suspended.

Sincerely,
    Chris Cavalier

Steve/Vintage,

I find this all to be very confusing and, based on some emails that I've received (including one today), I know I am not the only one. The new theory that Musial wore this as an honorary coach is, although creative, not particularly compelling. David speculated that Lou thinks his altered Musial jersey is a "post career coaches jersey." Is this true? Is this what Lou thinks? Are you able to post the LOA so that we can see what Lou actually does think this jersey is? I'm genuinely befuddled by all of the different stories about how this jersey came to be, how much of it (if any) is real, how much it is original versus altered, what parts were added after the fact, and what the jersey actually represents.

Thanks very much - you've be a great help in clearing this matter up. And, regardless of some of the most recent posts, I think you are doing the right thing by directing the buyer to this thread. Thanks for setting a good example ... I look forward to seeing the documentation by Lou.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.