Clear All
  • ISUbirdjersey
    • Aug 2006

Re: Stan Musial Possible 1962-1963 gamer

Originally posted by both-teams-played-hard

Other ideas: "out-of-work Magnum P.I."
    "Columbo on welfare"
    "Skid Row Sam Spade"

THIS really is my last reply to this thread, starting...........NOW!
    [content removed] i have yet to have one person tell me why I should have had to tell you or anyone else that i found the Musial and Martin jerseys on eBay. It doesn't matter.

Comment

• ISUbirdjersey
      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by sportscentury
      What was the final outcome of this?
      [content removed] you put all the stock in Steve Jensen's side of the story whcih made it look like I was not being up front. My recent explanation about the conversation between Steve and I (about the Musial jersey situation) has not been disputed by Steve for a reason. That is because I am telling the truth and it makes sense.

Additionally, to the posters [content removed] who suggested the winning bidder be referred to this thread. I can tell that suggestion was intended to mean so that the winning bidder could judge me and my story themselves. Your intention with that suggestion (which Steve agreed to do by posting that he too thought the winning bidder should see this thread) looks to me like it is supposed to make me look bad. To tell you the truth I would be more that happy to converse with the winning bidder. [content removed]

Comment

• ISUbirdjersey
        • Aug 2006

Chris, please allow my comments and their comments to remain in this post. [content removed]. I am not baiting or attacking anyone, just responding to their concerns. The Musial jersey is as is. I agree that I have no knowledge of Musial being an official coach. Howver, he perfectly may well have been a honorary instructor (or coach) at times. Jeff Scott has informed me that there is or was a post-career Musial Home jersey on display at the Cardinals Museum. So there is a history of a post career Musial jersey. I would guess he wore that jersey while at a Cardinals game. I guess that's what Lou thinks my jersey is. A post career coaches jersey.

Comment

• ChrisCavalier
          Paid Users
          • Jan 1970

Originally posted by ISUbirdjersey
          Chris, please allow my comments and their comments to remain in this post. [content removed]. I am not baiting or attacking anyone, just responding to their concerns. The Musial jersey is as is. I agree that I have no knowledge of Musial being an official coach. Howver, he perfectly may well have been a honorary instructor (or coach) at times. Jeff Scott has informed me that there is or was a post-career Musial Home jersey on display at the Cardinals Museum. So there is a history of a post career Musial jersey. I would guess he wore that jersey while at a Cardinals game. I guess that's what Lou thinks my jersey is. A post career coaches jersey.
          Hello David,

I just sent you a private email. Please check your email box. I will address any questions you have privately. This forum is not the place to unleash unfounded accusations. I have been very patient with you given your previous history on the forum but my patience is running out.

I will be happy to address any questions you have via email. In fact, we had an email correspondence yesterday where the forum rules were made clear and I explained the protocols for any instances where you feel they are not being applied. Unfortunately, you have decided the very next day that these rules and protocols do not need to be followed.

Therefore, given your failure to abide in the forum rules, you will need to email me at this point as your account has been suspended.

Sincerely,
          Chris Cavalier
          Christopher Cavalier
          Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Comment

• sportscentury
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by ISUbirdjersey
            Steve/Vintage,

I find this all to be very confusing and, based on some emails that I've received (including one today), I know I am not the only one. The new theory that Musial wore this as an honorary coach is, although creative, not particularly compelling. David speculated that Lou thinks his altered Musial jersey is a "post career coaches jersey." Is this true? Is this what Lou thinks? Are you able to post the LOA so that we can see what Lou actually does think this jersey is? I'm genuinely befuddled by all of the different stories about how this jersey came to be, how much of it (if any) is real, how much it is original versus altered, what parts were added after the fact, and what the jersey actually represents.

Thanks very much - you've be a great help in clearing this matter up. And, regardless of some of the most recent posts, I think you are doing the right thing by directing the buyer to this thread. Thanks for setting a good example ... I look forward to seeing the documentation by Lou.

Reid
            Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

Working...