Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Stan Musial Possible 1962-1963 gamer

MEARS has this tagging as being from 1963-later. They also say they could always be off by a year or two as more info is discovered. Any opinions on this Musial jersey?

Name:  Musial1.JPG
Views: 906
Size:  9.3 KB

Name:  musial2.JPG
Views: 955
Size:  7.0 KB

Name:  musial3.JPG
Views: 889
Size:  24.1 KB

Name:  musial4.JPG
Views: 867
Size:  2.6 KB

Re: Stan Musial Possible 1962-1963 gamer

Sir
    You either have a $10,000 jersey or a perfect forgery! Don't be tempted by ANY of the offers, I am sure you have received.
    GOOD LUCK

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard
    Sir
    You either have a $10,000 jersey or a perfect forgery! Don't be tempted by ANY of the offers, I am sure you have received.
    GOOD LUCK
    Could you please let me know if you think this is a 1962 or a carried over jersey for 1963. As I said, mears places the date of this tagging from 1963 on. If this is a 1963 jersey, it is one from his last season. Thanks for your opinion. I wish I could get some more opinions from people with cardinals expertise but no such luck. I appreciate your opinion sir, and I hope you are right that it is authentic. this is my dream jersey I always hoped I would find if It is game used or an authentic jersey from the 60's

Wow! Nuff said!

Does anyone question this individual and how he came into possession of these extremely rare jerseys? Seems strange to me?????

Quote Originally Posted by hof89
    Does anyone question this individual and how he came into possession of these extremely rare jerseys? Seems strange to me?????
    There is no guarantee that any of these jerseys are legit game used jerseys yet. They appear to be vintage until someone in the know writes a letter for one of them as an actual "game used jersey." People are already questioning the bradshaw, unitas, and staubach jerseys with the pics I have shown. This is why I had no idea what the deal with these jerseys were when I agreed to buy them.

I am no expert and i have stayed away from game-used due to a threat from a 3rd party that a Cardinals game-used "expert" or two would hate on any game used stuff I acquired (because I stuck up for myself when I felt wronged by them). I just hoped they were at least store bought and undoctored jerseys from an older era which they appear to possibly be. Looks like I may have got lucky with the Musial jersey. Maybe.

The way I acquired these jerseys is because the people who sold them to me had no emotional connection to or interest in these jerseys. The sellers and I both knew there was an outside chance a few of these may have been used. The man who left the jerseys to them "was not a very nice person, and they had not hardly spoken to him much in years." Authentication takes time and $1500 for 5 jerseys and maybe they didnt care about seeing how much money they could make off of someone who hurt them in some sort of way. I can't pretend to totally know their personal business.

I was offered these jerseys after first seeing the Musial and talking to them about what they wanted for it. I told them I was hoping to buy the jersey and have Musial sign it at the cardinals fredbird blowout sale this weeking where Stan is signing autographs. They thought it was very cool I actually was going to be seeing Stan this weekend to get the jersey signed if they sold it to me, and they seemed to like the fact I was a young (still almost a kid) person who really sounded exited about the possibly of owning the possible game used musial jersey. They said I seemed to appreciate the jersey more than they ever could. I did not know about the other jerseys until after i had purshased the Musial and other baseball jersey. They had sensed my excitement and felt I would appreciate hearing about what other 3 jerseys they had. They told me the names of the players, the story behind the jerseys, about their bitterness towards the previous owner, and then a price. They knew the jerseys would be worth a LOT more if authentic (which the football ones may not be) and just did not care. It is not always about the money for some people. It was refreshing to see that, and boy am I glad I was the one they picked to sell these to.

They turned down much bigger $$$ by others who had seen the Musial jersey but had called them after I had called but before we agreed upon a price (according to them) and did not even tell the other people offering about the remaning jerseys. Sounds to me like people who were absolutely not about the money for a personal reason. I will post pics of the 5th jersey I bought if anyone can tell me what (IF ANY) tagging I should look for with a yellow game used Kansas City Athletics jersey from 1957. I am not playing games with anybody on this great forum and this is not some sort of prank. I believe the story behind these jerseys and all I can say is that there are a few people who I would not want to make a dime off of. Not a penny, no matter what the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by scottanservitz
    Wow! Nuff said!
    My only question is...........are you guys playing games with me? I see one of you has one post ever on this forum-(a reply to me), and the other one of you has only 6 posts (5 replys to me). Are you guys experienced jersey experts who are pretending my Musial jersey is game used when it is obviously not? (I would not get the joke or know the difference, honestly.) Does this jersey REALLY seem to be 100% an authentic Musial 1960's game used jersey? Or are you guys having fun at my expense? I would appreciate a response that is not sarcastic. Thanks for your help if you are being sincere.

Quote Originally Posted by apujols04
    There is no guarantee that any of these jerseys are legit game used jerseys yet. They appear to be vintage until someone in the know writes a letter for one of them as an actual "game used jersey." People are already questioning the bradshaw, unitas, and staubach jerseys with the pics I have shown. This is why I had no idea what the deal with these jerseys were when I agreed to buy them.

I am no expert and i have stayed away from game-used due to a threat from a 3rd party that a Cardinals game-used "expert" or two would hate on any game used stuff I acquired (because I stuck up for myself when I felt wronged by them). I just hoped they were at least store bought and undoctored jerseys from an older era which they appear to possibly be. Looks like I may have got lucky with the Musial jersey. Maybe.

The way I acquired these jerseys is because the people who sold them to me had no emotional connection to or interest in these jerseys. The sellers and I both knew there was an outside chance a few of these may have been used. The man who left the jerseys to them "was not a very nice person, and they had not hardly spoken to him much in years." Authentication takes time and $1500 for 5 jerseys and maybe they didnt care about seeing how much money they could make off of someone who hurt them in some sort of way. I can't pretend to totally know their personal business.

I was offered these jerseys after first seeing the Musial and talking to them about what they wanted for it. I told them I was hoping to buy the jersey and have Musial sign it at the cardinals fredbird blowout sale this weeking where Stan is signing autographs. They thought it was very cool I actually was going to be seeing Stan this weekend to get the jersey signed if they sold it to me, and they seemed to like the fact I was a young (still almost a kid) person who really sounded exited about the possibly of owning the possible game used musial jersey. They said I seemed to appreciate the jersey more than they ever could. I did not know about the other jerseys until after i had purshased the Musial and other baseball jersey. They had sensed my excitement and felt I would appreciate hearing about what other 3 jerseys they had. They told me the names of the players, the story behind the jerseys, about their bitterness towards the previous owner, and then a price. They knew the jerseys would be worth a LOT more if authentic (which the football ones may not be) and just did not care. It is not always about the money for some people. It was refreshing to see that, and boy am I glad I was the one they picked to sell these to.

They turned down much bigger $$$ by others who had seen the Musial jersey but had called them after I had called but before we agreed upon a price (according to them) and did not even tell the other people offering about the remaning jerseys. Sounds to me like people who were absolutely not about the money for a personal reason. I will post pics of the 5th jersey I bought if anyone can tell me what (IF ANY) tagging I should look for with a yellow game used Kansas City Athletics jersey from 1957. I am not playing games with anybody on this great forum and this is not some sort of prank. I believe the story behind these jerseys and all I can say is that there are a few people who I would not want to make a dime off of. Not a penny, no matter what the situation.
    I don't know...something isn't adding up here??? For example, the Bradshaw jersey STILL has stains on the #'s???? That jersey came off his back and was given to your contact to put away all these years??? Does anyone else on this forum feel something is wrong here?

Pujols
    I originally asked if this was a joke because it seemed too good to be true. You obviously say your prayers, because you were blessed to obtain these jerseys. The Musial is NOT a store bought. I would think it is from '63. Rawlings is in St. Louis and a Cardinals jersey would be an obvious choice to unveil any new "tagging". This forum is brand new, so don't be fooled by the number of a member's posts. Does it appear that the name and numbers are original? Does it appear there has been name or number change. How many offers have you received. I would advise NOT sending them to any authenticator and doing the research yourself! First, ask your contact every question possible about their origin.You have posted photos of 3 hall of fame caliber jerseys. I have been collecting for more than 20 years and I have never owned the shirt of a HOFer from ANY sport.I am jealous of your find. I am waiting for you to post photos of your 1957 UNC Tarheels and your Pittsburgh Picses (just kidding). It is impossible to authenticate a jersey from photos. With that said, it appears you are sitting on a real Staubach, Bradshaw, and Musial. If they are fake, someone went to great trouble to deceive you. It sounds like you do not believe this is the case. Trust your gut, and keep them in your collection. It doesn't sound like you invested a lot of money. A con-artist would try and bilk someone out of as much as possible...Please go ahead and post photos from your treasure trove!

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard
    Pujols
    I originally asked if this was a joke because it seemed too good to be true. You obviously say your prayers, because you were blessed to obtain these jerseys. The Musial is NOT a store bought. I would think it is from '63. Rawlings is in St. Louis and a Cardinals jersey would be an obvious choice to unveil any new "tagging". This forum is brand new, so don't be fooled by the number of a member's posts. Does it appear that the name and numbers are original? Does it appear there has been name or number change. How many offers have you received. I would advise NOT sending them to any authenticator and doing the research yourself! First, ask your contact every question possible about their origin.You have posted photos of 3 hall of fame caliber jerseys. I have been collecting for more than 20 years and I have never owned the shirt of a HOFer from ANY sport.I am jealous of your find. I am waiting for you to post photos of your 1957 UNC Tarheels and your Pittsburgh Picses (just kidding). It is impossible to authenticate a jersey from photos. With that said, it appears you are sitting on a real Staubach, Bradshaw, and Musial. If they are fake, someone went to great trouble to deceive you. It sounds like you do not believe this is the case. Trust your gut, and keep them in your collection. It doesn't sound like you invested a lot of money. A con-artist would try and bilk someone out of as much as possible...Please go ahead and post photos from your treasure trove!
    Thanks for the nice reply. I will try to answer all of your questions and post all the detailed pics for each of my 5 jerseys for "PRACTICE" as many of this site call it. I welcome and appreciate any opinions. The answers to your questions:

1. name and numbers appear to me to be original and absolutely no evidence of names or numbers were on this jersey previously.

2. The only offers I have received are for the Bradshaw jersey: $400, $500, $600, and $700. No offers have been made for any of the other jerseys.

3. I asked all the questions. all they knew was that the man who left the jerseys to them had them for a long time and they could not remember how early he had them. They guessed at least the early 80's. Since they say the man who owned the jerseys was not very nice, I guess they did not care to discuss his collection with him. They guessed the jerseys were player worn but they were not collectors and did not care to keep them for themselves. they wanted them to go to people or someone who would appreciate them. Thats 100% of the info they gave me.

4. I know it wasn't a question but dating this jersey to 1963 would make it one of Stan's last gamers. 1963 was his final season. Unreal!

----Also, a local card shop owner says he once sold a 1943 musial gamer which was a heavy material. He said my jersey was possibly not heavy enough. My reply based on simple logic is that maybe the 60's jerseys were possibly not made with the really heavy wool from the 40's due to the fact players must have complained about how hot they must have been to wear. it seems natural the cardinals would have got smart and produced lighter weight wool type jerseys some 20 years later. Am I right or wrong that the 1962-63 jerseys were maybe not made with as heavy material as the ones from 1943?

THE DETAILED PICS (21 of THEM) ARE BELOW:

Name:  SM1.JPG
Views: 716
Size:  222.7 KB

Name:  SM2.JPG
Views: 696
Size:  227.1 KB

Name:  SM3.JPG
Views: 679
Size:  220.1 KB

Name:  SM4.JPG
Views: 669