Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Who's getting hammered?

We got clobbered here at the Jersey Shore with well over a foot of snow. I shoveled for almost three hours last night to make a dent in it so it wasn't too deep when I got up today. Now I have to go back out and finish up. Yippie!

There's still some snow on the ground from our last big storm (almost two weeks ago now) here in Colorado.

Almost the entire state was getting hammered at one point... got about 2 feet near my house (Thornton - just N of Denver about 20 miles)... To Hell You Ride, CO (Telluride) got OVER 4 feet!!!

About a week ago, some of the Ski Resorts were asking people NOT to come up do the conditions - lots of snow and great powder, but -30 and BELOW at the top of the mountain in some areas BEFORE the wind chill and the extra chill of traveling 15-40mph down hill... they estimated an average skier/snowboarder coming down the hill would be in the equivalent of about -60 degrees or so - pretty much instant Frost Bite on any exposed skin...

But, we do have over 300 days of Sun Shine on Average!!!

- Chris

Well its sunny now. Still cold. Got about 18 inches. Thats going to take forever to melt! I hate snow!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Dave
    Do you sleep?

The political banter is getting old.
    Maybe, Warren...but if that bill passes, and we have health care rationing in 2013 and after, getting old is likely something I personally WON'T be doing...with the health care rationing the bill includes, a guy like me with multiple health problems isn't too likely to get approved for life-enhancing or life-saving treatments. Personally, I'd rather expire on my own (or God's) terms, not those of a panel of Washington-based bureaucrats.

Back to topic...We've had a bit more snow here in Chi-Town, but it's remained warm enough that not much is sticking. It's enough to reflect the Christmas image, but not enough to mess thing s up...in essence, picture-perfect.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Down here in southern ohio, we managed to miss most of the snow.

We just had a light dusting and most of the snow is already melted.

We usually get our big snow in Late January-Early February
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Dave
    Do you sleep?

The political banter is getting old.
    For those of us who know Dave, we realize that he does have multiple health issues so I can understand why he is upset at the possibility that the Federal Government taking over our healthcare system. After-all, can any member name a single program the Fed runs that works or they haven't bankrupted?

Is the political issue old? That certainly is a moot point however, just consider this, with every dollar they take away from us, that's less we have to spend on sports memorabilia. As a for example, if some members don't think the healthcare issue will effect them because they have healthcare insurance for their employer - you may want to think again. Under the bill, the Fed will put a value on the coverage individuals get from their employers and tax the individual 10%. So, if we have a insurance plan that is worth 15K - guess what? That's $1500.00 out of our pocket. How many sports items does that equate to? Now add-in all the others trillions of dollars this Administration has spent so far and one will soon realize NOT only will the hobby be hit so will every aspect of our lives once the new tax-code goes into effect to pay for all these programs.

So Warren to answer your question - Dave probably Doesn't sleep at night because of what's going on in Washington - particularity when it relates to healthcare.

Jim

went to ravens game today ,the stadium seats were supose to be clear but this is what i saw
    Attached Images Attached Images   

To all forum members:
    I respect everyone here and wish the very best of health and happiness.
    I don't want to make enemies or ruffle any feathers.
    From this moment on, I will refrain from starting any off-topic threads or responding to any off-topic posts (including: the weather, religion, politics, steroids or sports topics not pertaining to jerseys or uniforms.)

I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow, but we are supposed to get 22 inches by Saturday. Just another MN winter. We will probably get at least 2 more storms like this one before winter is out.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    It's unusual that Chicago gets off easy on a major snowstorm, but so far, we have. Maybe an inch on the ground, temps in the low-mid 30s much of the day, and much of the snow has melted as a result. Too bad I'm NOT in D.C....I'd be whipping snowballs at the 60 senators voting for government-run health care.

Dave M.
    Chicago area
    Dave,

I would be there right along side of you. Looks like it passed with some "back door" dealings, what a joke. Nebraska gets off paying nothing 4 life.