Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Banned

Re: If you paid BIG $ for JO's Cutler or Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    IMF - I agree with you as I have a lot of Sosa, McGwire, Clemens, Bonds, etc.

I am late in the game on this debate so excuse me for not being well informed. Do we know for sure the Sanchez jersey sold for $20,000 and was paid for? Was $20,000 an asking price and maybe it sold at a negotiated price?

Was it on an auction?

Just wondering where the $20,000 number came from.

Thanks!
    20K was JO's list price. Sure, a lower price could have been negotiated. but unless Jarrod(JO) himself makes a post on this thread saying it went for less, it's mere speculation. So, I think it's safe to assume the 20K price was met.

Quote Originally Posted by tjm5711 View Post
    20K was JO's list price. Sure, a lower price could have been negotiated. but unless Jarrod(JO) himself makes a post on this thread saying it went for less, it's mere speculation. So, I think it's safe to assume the 20K price was met.
    Thanks for that. It's all interesting to read this and the comments Indyred made too and his example of the $45,000 Sidney Crosby shirt.

To each their own. I would love to talk to the buyers of both of these items as I would love to know how much they like their purchases.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

can we close this thread it is going no where.

i am not sure when this thread turned into some "social court" where people have to defend what they spend there money on.

lets all just worry about our own collections and investments and help to improve the industry.

this thread dose neither.

Quote Originally Posted by clinton2828 View Post
    can we close this thread it is going no where.

i am not sure when this thread turned into some "social court" where people have to defend what they spend there money on.

lets all just worry about our own collections and investments and help to improve the industry.

this thread dose neither.
    That's your opinion and yours alone. Don't pretend to speak for the rest of us here.

Great spelling, too.

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    That's your opinion and yours alone. Don't pretend to speak for the rest of us here.

Great spelling, too.

you started this thread by bashing another collectors purchase decision and then started crying in another thread because you could not afford to outbid someone for a ronde barber jersey.

I don’t see what you are doing to help this board. Don’t you have something better to do than to critique others buying decisions and complain about others wiling to pay more for items than you.

Banned

you started this thread by bashing another collectors purchase decision and then started crying in another thread because you could not afford to outbid someone for a ronde barber jersey.

I don’t see what you are doing to help this board. Don’t you have something better to do than to critique others buying decisions and complain about others wiling to pay more for items than you.

Let me tell you something about "34 Sweetness." He is the main reason I am in this hobby ! He has taught me an invaluable amount, and is an extremely honest and good person. I refuse to sit here and watch him get bashed for starting a thread that addresses the crazy high prices charged for unproven players ! 20 Grand for a guy who just played a couple games ! Come on, He's right on time with his assessment.

As far as the Barber Jersey your talking about. Well he has good reason to bitch about that ! Some clown bid it up to $1600 with 5 days left on NFL Auctions. We're talking about Ronde "Freakin" Barber here ! It's people like that and certain dealers who drive the prices up for things we buy ! "34 Sweetness" reflects a common sense viewpoint of those of us who aren't made of money. We buy these overpriced items, and the if we go to sell them on Ebay or something, we get torched on the money we lose !

I totally respect your opinion sir, and really don't wish to engage you in a debate. But you ask what "34 Sweetness" has done to help this board? I can personally attest to what he has done to help my growth and development in this hobby ! I learned a lot in a very short time thanks to this man ! he is EXTREMELY informed about game-used jerseys. Thus in my opinion, I believe what he has to say is extremely valid! And i refuse to sit here and watch him get bashed for expressing his honest and open opinion !

Sheriff. You make me laugh. Thanks for the giggle.

Tom, thanks for the props, but it's best to let this one go.
    One thing we all know is that you can't argue with people who have zero common sense. They're not operating from the same plane that we are. They don't think rationally like we do so arguing with them is a waste of your time.

Banned

They're really not props Rick! It's the truth, and I think it's absolutely wrong to go after somebody who is making an extremely valid point that I would firmly agree with whether I knew your ugly mug or not ! LOL I am of course guessing since I've never seen your mug ! Anyways, in my opinion $5,000 should be the ceiling for any game used jersey from the past 20 years. Unless of course it was from a Super Bowl,record breaking performance,or is of a deceased or it's one of a handful of guys(Payton Manning,Favre,Drew Brees,etc). To charge $9,000 for guys like Adrian Peterson(who is awesome don't get me wrong) id ridiculous ! Since you brought up "Common Sense" I think that term applies here ! If more people had common sense and not pay these prices, dealers would have no choice but to lower their prices(which some are making ridiculous profits on and will remain nameless. I don't want to lose my privlege of buying from them by calling them out ! LOL). And if guys like that moron who bid your Barber up had more common sense we'd all be for the better 1

Quote Originally Posted by tjm5711 View Post
    ... I think it's absolutely wrong to go after somebody who is making an extremely valid point that I would firmly agree with...!

...Anyways, in my opinion $5,000 should be the ceiling for any game used jersey from the past 20 years.....

....To charge $9,000 for guys like Adrian Peterson(who is awesome don't get me wrong) id ridiculous..... !

....Since you brought up "Common Sense" I think that term applies here ! If more people had common sense and not pay these prices, dealers would have no choice but to lower their prices(which some are making ridiculous profits on and will remain nameless. I don't want to lose my privlege of buying from them by calling them out ! LOL)......

.....And if guys like that moron who bid your Barber up had more common sense we'd all be for the better 1.....
    I normally leave people to their own opinions but if you read your slanderous comments towards Triple XXX and then your backup of Sweetness, you are talking out of both sides of your mouth. Reading through your opinions has perturbed me and as is my right, I am going to explain why and hope you calm down before you cost someone money with your angry name calling Opinions-as-fact and they sue you.

People who walk around thinking everyone cares what their opinions are usually isn't used to people listening. The fact you need to end every sentence with an exclamation point means you are yelling at all of us to listen to you. When Triple XXX gave you an explaination that is not only plausible but shows the very common sense you seem to believe you have, you don't listen you just keep yelling from your soapbox.

Is it entirely possible the Bears had these made up, Jay didn't like them and only used the new cut? IT SURE IS. He says he bought it from the team, gave valid reasons why it is what he says it is and you can't admit you could be very, very wrong.

Lastly, if I could sell a jersey for a million dollars or I could buy it for a million dollars, good for me. None of your business, no one cares how you feel about it and please get down off your soapbox before you contribute to the already declining atmosphere on the board.

Remember, while these are all my opinions, they are also rooted in concrete facts and unwavering logic. You are free to agree with me or be wrong.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com