Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: If you paid BIG $ for JO's Cutler or Sanchez

According to the Ebay listing:

"This is an actual game jersey directly from the Chicago Bears"

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jay-Cutler-Chica...item35a59b6239

It's really simple. I don't seem to see any Chicago Bears players wearing this style of jersey this year. There may be a player or two wearing it. But two things are true:

1.)Jay Cutler is never sen wearing this style.
    2.)Jay cutler never played for the Bears when this style was widely used !

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Well I doubt Cutler and Gould wear the same size jersey. Jay is 6'3 233 and Gould is 6' 185, that is a 3 inch, 50 pound difference. Does anyone know what size they each wear? I think that will answer the question of whether or not a Gould jersey was turned into a Cutler.

The simple fact is that this "year-size" tag 09-50 does not go with this jersey style. I have already stated that there appear to be no Bears players wearing this style in 2009. The tag was probably taken from another jersey. You couldn't leave the original "06-50"(if this is even a size 50) tag on there. Could you ? That would be too obvious !

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    I would like to see the term "game/team issued" eliminated frorm this hobby
    You might run into some opposition with Brian Borsch
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Why not just ask Triplexxx if it had a number and/or nameplate change? I know zilch about football jerseys but I'd guess that a number/nameplate switch would be easy to spot, no?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by spartakid View Post
    Triplexxx- You haven't really defended yourself. He pointed out that there was no captain's patch, but more importantly the different seams. You never gave proof to show that your jersey is issued. From all my experience in game used, game issued should be identical absent obviously use, and I can see how it may be without the captain's patch if it wasn't put on or something, but the difference in the seams seems (no pun intended) to be a pretty big issue. The pics he provided appear to back up his claim. Is there something we are missing?

"game-issued should be identical{to game used} absent obviously use."

Back to the definitions again. I also have been led to believe "game-issued" is the same thing as "game-used" minus the use. Definitely not the case here.

Banned

I think I understand your point, however, which is that the real meaning of "game/team issued" has become devalued and twisted beyond recognition because of those who intentionally use it to misrepresent what they're selling.

Perhaps the case here !

If you altered it in your basement, it's not team issued. If the team's seamstress altered it at your request and you don't work for the team, it's not team issued. If it's a conglomeration of real jersey parts and pieces created by someone not affiliated with the team, it isn't team issued. Etc, etc.

Personally I don't get all the confusion. If the team issued it and it was never used, it's team/game issued. Otherwise, it's likely either a forgery or being misrepresented. Seems to me the real challenge is knowing whether or not it actually originated from the team in its current state.

You can't eliminate the term because a handful of scoundrels like to play dumb.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't state this any better myself !

Yeah! Because 1 year makes a career, right?? DOUCH BAG!

Quote Originally Posted by BrewCrewSackers View Post
    Yeah! Because 1 year makes a career, right?? DOUCH BAG!
    Does "douch" rhyme with "couch?"

Quote Originally Posted by GarkoCollector View Post
    Does "douch" rhyme with "couch?"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Dave -

I will 'break my rule' about Politics and such just this once, to say that I don't disagree with you - in fact, I fully support anyone who has an opinion and can back it up like you do when it comes to our country's politics and such...

My only issue - as I said before - is that I don't see ANY value on it permeating a SPORTS COLLECTING site...

My Baseball Collection has NOTHING to do with my Political or Religious Values and Beliefs and I don't think ANYONES Political or Religious Values and Beliefs have any thing to do with Sports Collecting or this Site in General.

As I said earlier, TOO MANY TIMES, I'll be reading a post and out of the blue there is some Politically or Religiously skewed RANT or Joke or Picture that has NOTHING to do with the original thread topic...

PLEASE, if you can, explain to me how that has ANY place on this board! My health is not as bad as yours, but I am a Disabled Vet and just got a State of Colorado rating for my shoulder that was jacked up in a Car Accident this past March, but I don't see where ANY of that has any Value or Place for me to bring it up or discuss it here.

My VERY Best Wishes for you and yours in Health and Happiness this Holiday Season...

- Chris
    Chris:

To defend my comments, I'd have to launch into ANOTHER political commentary, and I don't think that's what you want to hear.

I'll let this go, and likewise will wish you joy and peace this Christmas and a quality 2010.

Dave M.
    Chicago area