Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Re: If you paid BIG $ for JO's Cutler or Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by tjm5711 View Post
    Jarrod is a member on here and I recently read a post by him. I'm not sure if he'd disclose the final purchase price. But you could ask.
    I'm not going to ask him, but you can!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    I'm not going to ask him, but you can!

Naw, I'd seriously doubt he'd answer. I'm sure he's got better things to do!

Andrew,

I believe it was Jarrod himself who started "the" post which came off wrong to some members (not sure why) who stated that they "sold the jersey for $20,000". I even posted a commnet on the thread, saying it was good for the hobby.

Somewhere shortly after that thread took a nosedive due to the negative responses (and maybe because of the perceived conflict of interest with JO being teamed up with GUU) the whole thread was removed in it's entirety.

So the $20,000 figure is not speculation....it came from the horses mouth.

On a side note, tmj5711, no one is "ripping you apart" for saying the jersey was over-priced. You are certainly entitled to your opinion. We are having a healthy debate. Relax, it's all good.

Right up until Sanchez and the Jets win the Super Bowl. Then.....you're dead wrong.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    Andrew,

I believe it was Jarrod himself who started "the" post which came off wrong to some members (not sure why) who stated that they "sold the jersey for $20,000". I even posted a commnet on the thread, saying it was good for the hobby.

Somewhere shortly after that thread took a nosedive due to the negative responses (and maybe because of the perceived conflict of interest with JO being teamed up with GUU) the whole thread was removed in it's entirety.

So the $20,000 figure is not speculation....it came from the horses mouth.

On a side note, tmj5711, no one is "ripping you apart" for saying the jersey was over-priced. You are certainly entitled to your opinion. We are having a healthy debate. Relax, it's all good.

Right up until Sanchez and the Jets win the Super Bowl. Then.....you're dead wrong.

OH NO, I wasn't inferring you were "ripping me apart" there are a couple members lurking in the shadows(LOL) waiting to make their move anytime I say something about items prices too high. You're fine man, I by no means meant you !

All I know is I wish I had a wheelbarrow full of Ronde Barber jerseys.
    The same exact jersey is selling for the 2nd time on NFL auctions for ridiculous money.

The only thing I've ever spent that kind of bread on that I knew I'd never get my money back out of was a car.....and at least it was transportation.

Must be nice to be able to flush that much dough down the crapper.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    All I know is I wish I had a wheelbarrow full of Ronde Barber jerseys.
    The same exact jersey is selling for the 2nd time on NFL auctions for ridiculous money.

The only thing I've ever spent that kind of bread on that I knew I'd never get my money back out of was a car.....and at least it was transportation.

Must be nice to be able to flush that much dough down the crapper.

AMEN Borother ! LOL

Banned

AMEN Borother ! LOL

I meant Brother ! LOL

Some of us may think it's overpriced (me included) but obviously someone was willing to spend the money. Let's just say a card company bought it, cuts it up to put it on cards and then earns say $75000 because they put it on cards. Was it really overpriced because they had the means to make money off it? I know the CEO of "In The Game" hockey trading cards is a member over at the hockey game worn jerseys site and searches the site and the auctions for items to both collect and to cut up.

Someone could of bought it to use as a tax deduction, bragging rights, Sanchez could of bought it, heck even the person that bought it might think it's overpriced but wanted it bad enough they bought it anyway......like none of us have done that, just on a smaller scale.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jules9 View Post
    Some of us may think it's overpriced (me included) but obviously someone was willing to spend the money. Let's just say a card company bought it, cuts it up to put it on cards and then earns say $75000 because they put it on cards. Was it really overpriced because they had the means to make money off it? I know the CEO of "In The Game" hockey trading cards is a member over at the hockey game worn jerseys site and searches the site and the auctions for items to both collect and to cut up.

Someone could of bought it to use as a tax deduction, bragging rights, Sanchez could of bought it, heck even the person that bought it might think it's overpriced but wanted it bad enough they bought it anyway......like none of us have done that, just on a smaller scale.

It's really not important who it was that bought it and why ! The point here is the ridiculously high price a jersey of a highly unproven player went for.

Oh yeah, I'd love to hear from the two buyers of the $45,000 Hockey shirt, and Sanchez 20K item.
    I'd be more interested in hearing from buyer of Luckman jersey for 40k. Did they have some kind of rock solid proof knowing this jersey is what it said to be.
    Sanchez and Crosby are as good as it gets as far as authenticity. No leap of faith on where and when they were worn. To me that is most important question on any gamer.