Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: If you paid BIG $ for JO's Cutler or Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by clinton2828 View Post

you started this thread by bashing another collectors purchase decision and then started crying in another thread because you could not afford to outbid someone for a ronde barber jersey.

I don’t see what you are doing to help this board. Don’t you have something better to do than to critique others buying decisions and complain about others wiling to pay more for items than you.

Sheriff. You make me laugh. Thanks for the giggle.

Tom, thanks for the props, but it's best to let this one go.
    One thing we all know is that you can't argue with people who have zero common sense. They're not operating from the same plane that we are. They don't think rationally like we do so arguing with them is a waste of your time.

Banned

They're really not props Rick! It's the truth, and I think it's absolutely wrong to go after somebody who is making an extremely valid point that I would firmly agree with whether I knew your ugly mug or not ! LOL I am of course guessing since I've never seen your mug ! Anyways, in my opinion $5,000 should be the ceiling for any game used jersey from the past 20 years. Unless of course it was from a Super Bowl,record breaking performance,or is of a deceased or it's one of a handful of guys(Payton Manning,Favre,Drew Brees,etc). To charge $9,000 for guys like Adrian Peterson(who is awesome don't get me wrong) id ridiculous ! Since you brought up "Common Sense" I think that term applies here ! If more people had common sense and not pay these prices, dealers would have no choice but to lower their prices(which some are making ridiculous profits on and will remain nameless. I don't want to lose my privlege of buying from them by calling them out ! LOL). And if guys like that moron who bid your Barber up had more common sense we'd all be for the better 1

Quote Originally Posted by tjm5711 View Post
    ... I think it's absolutely wrong to go after somebody who is making an extremely valid point that I would firmly agree with...!

...Anyways, in my opinion $5,000 should be the ceiling for any game used jersey from the past 20 years.....

....To charge $9,000 for guys like Adrian Peterson(who is awesome don't get me wrong) id ridiculous..... !

....Since you brought up "Common Sense" I think that term applies here ! If more people had common sense and not pay these prices, dealers would have no choice but to lower their prices(which some are making ridiculous profits on and will remain nameless. I don't want to lose my privlege of buying from them by calling them out ! LOL)......

.....And if guys like that moron who bid your Barber up had more common sense we'd all be for the better 1.....
    I normally leave people to their own opinions but if you read your slanderous comments towards Triple XXX and then your backup of Sweetness, you are talking out of both sides of your mouth. Reading through your opinions has perturbed me and as is my right, I am going to explain why and hope you calm down before you cost someone money with your angry name calling Opinions-as-fact and they sue you.

People who walk around thinking everyone cares what their opinions are usually isn't used to people listening. The fact you need to end every sentence with an exclamation point means you are yelling at all of us to listen to you. When Triple XXX gave you an explaination that is not only plausible but shows the very common sense you seem to believe you have, you don't listen you just keep yelling from your soapbox.

Is it entirely possible the Bears had these made up, Jay didn't like them and only used the new cut? IT SURE IS. He says he bought it from the team, gave valid reasons why it is what he says it is and you can't admit you could be very, very wrong.

Lastly, if I could sell a jersey for a million dollars or I could buy it for a million dollars, good for me. None of your business, no one cares how you feel about it and please get down off your soapbox before you contribute to the already declining atmosphere on the board.

Remember, while these are all my opinions, they are also rooted in concrete facts and unwavering logic. You are free to agree with me or be wrong.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Banned

Talking out of both sides of my mouth ? How so ? Both issues are completely unrelated !!!!!!!!!!!!! Before you psychoanalyze my use of explanations, you need to get of your soap box, and out of your fantasy world !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Somebody's going to sue me ????? Get real !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're just trying to start crap, and do the same thing you accuse me of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So buzz off, and go bother sombody else !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned

And since when did these forums become a place for personal attacks ? That's where the true slander lies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    In my whole dialogue with XXX Sports, i did not attack him personally and nor did he to me. I gave my opinion of the jersey, and he gave his on my qualifications or lack there of to make those opinions. And your comment" no one cares how you feel about it." Who are you to speak for everyone on here ? How do you know what people care to read. You are way out of line making statements like that ! And when did I engage in "name-calling opinions" ? You and Clinton2828 are the only two making personal attacks on here ! You need to check yourself !!! Worry about what you write before you start pointing fingers and name calling ! And if my opinions "perturb" you? Too bad ! And how are your statements "rooted in concrete facts and unwavering logic?" Whose logic ? Yours ! What facts ? All I read in your post there were your negative attacks on me that are contributing to the "declining atmosphere of this board !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!(some extra explanation points for you !!!!!!!)

Banned

Hey guys, I saw this jersey on eBay and since we have Bears collectors on this forum, I was wondering if someone could identify this jersey for me. Is it a sample, team-issued or what? I've seen several of these jerseys on eBay and I was wondering what the deal was with them.

Note the Wilson tagging? The tagging dates the jersey to August of 1992.

Any help would be appreciated,

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post
    Hello Tom,

While I am not responding to the jersey you reference in this thread, please note the following rule regarding posting here:

In instances where a forum member is identifying an item in the hobby they believe to have issues, the poster should clearly state their findings in the form of an opinion and provide adequate rationale for why they believe there is an issue. When possible, we recommend that the poster questioning an item attempt to contact the seller of the item and allow at least 24 hours for the seller to reply before posting. This will prevent postings that may be generated based on misunderstandings of an item. In addition, while this forum is designed to help educate collectors, we will not allow comments that accuse entities in the hobby of participating in any form of criminal wrong-doing. Any posts suggesting criminal wrong-doing should be brought to the attention of the moderators immediately.

There were some comments you made in the thread that have been edited to allow for a focus on your observations about the jersey. However, please make sure to follow the rules in the future and, if warranted, provide your information in the form of an opinion. In addition, the forum is intended for educational purposes and a number of posts seemed to be going to a personal level. If there is something to be learned about the jersey that can help collectors than it will be allowed. However, please make sure that is the intent of the posts and things are not taken to a personal level.

Lastly, the purpose of this thread has seems to have been changed from its original purpose. In the future, if posted in accordance with the forum rules and is for eduactional and not personal reasons, it would likely be more appropriate to create a separate thread rather than changing the focus of an existing thread.

Thank you for your cooperation.
    TJM,

All of your slanderous quotes and accusations were removed by the mods. It was only after I provided my opinion with documentation did things become 'opinion' based between us. But to say that you did not toss 'uncalled for' comments out there is untrue, that's why the mods edited half your posts in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by cohibasmoker View Post
    Hey guys, I saw this jersey on eBay and since we have Bears collectors on this forum, I was wondering if someone could identify this jersey for me. Is it a sample, team-issued or what? I've seen several of these jerseys on eBay and I was wondering what the deal was with them.

Note the Wilson tagging? The tagging dates the jersey to August of 1992.

Any help would be appreciated,

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    Retail

I thought garbage wasn't supposed to be knee deep until Christmas morning.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    TJM,

All of your slanderous quotes and accusations were removed by the mods. It was only after I provided my opinion with documentation did things become 'opinion' based between us. But to say that you did not toss 'uncalled for' comments out there is untrue, that's why the mods edited half your posts in this thread.
    You are incorrect ! The only things removed by the mods were your references to my first and last name, and mine to you! There were no slanderous quotes !