Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: If you paid BIG $ for JO's Cutler or Sanchez

I have a couple of Sixers game worn jerseys that I'm customizing into Dr. J. jerseys. So now I can list them as Dr. J. game worn Sixers jerseys on eBay. Cool. I should be able to make out pretty well.

I'm going to start the bidding out at $1000, even though I paid under $50 for each of them. Future profit was in the back of my mind when I acquired them.

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    I have a couple of Sixers game worn jerseys that I'm customizing into Dr. J. jerseys. So now I can list them as Dr. J. game worn Sixers jerseys on eBay. Cool. I should be able to make out pretty well.

I'm going to start the bidding out at $1000, even though I paid under $50 for each of them. Future profit was in the back of my mind when I acquired them.

LOL

Triplexxx- You haven't really defended yourself. He pointed out that there was no captain's patch, but more importantly the different seams. You never gave proof to show that your jersey is issued. From all my experience in game used, game issued should be identical absent obviously use, and I can see how it may be without the captain's patch if it wasn't put on or something, but the difference in the seams seems (no pun intended) to be a pretty big issue. The pics he provided appear to back up his claim. Is there something we are missing?
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Banned

Thank you Dave. I wouldn't put an opinion like that out there without it being backed up !

The other confusing thing is this:

TEAM-ISSUED or GAME-ISSUED--Ordered by a team and intended for game use--but not worn or used. These jerseys will have been team stock, part of the equipment room inventory, but may not have had player's names applied and will not have received the customization that a specific player may request.
    GAME-READY--Completely ready for the player to use in game action, but not worn or used. These uniforms will have received the final customization that a player may request. These uniforms will often have been part of a player's uniform rotation, but for one reason or another never saw game action.
    _____

That was taken from a posting on 12/2/09 by XXXsports on this forum about an Adrian Peterson game issued jersey.

My question(for all our educational purposes only) which definition does this jersey fit? I'm guessing "Team or Game-issued" But this is an older cut style !

Maybe there's another defintion for this one. Let's make up our own. "Semi-game issued,semi-game ready, throwback style !"

I would like to see the term "game/team issued" eliminated frorm this hobby

Banned

I agree let's eliminate all these different names and definitions. In my opinion a jersey is either a game-cut ready for use, a retail authentic, or a knock-off from Asia.

Here are a few more pictures to illustrate the fact that no Bears players this year appear to be wearing the style of the aforementioned Cutler jersey. These are pictures of players from both sides of the ball. They all appear to have this diagonal seam along the upper shoulder side, not straight across.

My opinion(and that's all it is) is that The Ebay Cutler jersey is a game-issued jersey from 2006,07,or 08. Maybe the number "9" was simply turned over to make a six. The name plate was changed to that of "Cutler" and presto you have what appears to be a.................. Well we're not even sure what tis is supposed to be !
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    I would like to see the term "game/team issued" eliminated frorm this hobby
    I have to disagree with you on this. There are legitimate team/game issued jerseys out there. I've sold a number of actual, honest to goodness game issued jerseys, which I bought from the team myself, but were never used. There's simply no better or more accurate way to describe them if it's what they are.

I think I understand your point, however, which is that the real meaning of "game/team issued" has become devalued and twisted beyond recognition because of those who intentionally use it to misrepresent what they're selling. If you altered it in your basement, it's not team issued. If the team's seamstress altered it at your request and you don't work for the team, it's not team issued. If it's a conglomeration of real jersey parts and pieces created by someone not affiliated with the team, it isn't team issued. Etc, etc.

Personally I don't get all the confusion. If the team issued it and it was never used, it's team/game issued. Otherwise, it's likely either a forgery or being misrepresented. Seems to me the real challenge is knowing whether or not it actually originated from the team in its current state.

You can't eliminate the term because a handful of scoundrels like to play dumb.

Banned

And finally to support my last opinion. Here are two pictures of Robbie Gould from 2006. These are the older style(you can tell by the seam straight across the front of the upper chest). This is the same style of the Ebay Cutler. The third picture shows our friend Mr. Cutler. See how the "6" is basically a "9" turned right side up ! Not hard to imagine what may have happened now. Is it ?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by tjm5711 View Post
    My opinion(and that's all it is) is that The Ebay Cutler jersey is a game-issued jersey from 2006,07,or 08. Maybe the number "9" was simply turned over to make a six. The name plate was changed to that of "Cutler" and presto you have what appears to be a.................. Well we're not even sure what tis is supposed to be !
    If you're correct and those alterations were not made by or on behalf of the team, it's a forgery, assuming I'm being told that it originated from the Bears in its current condition. Never mind that it started out as an authentic team issued jersey. The alterations, if made by someone outside the Bears equipment room, negate the "issued" part, imo.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tjm5711 View Post
    And finally to support my last opinion. Here are two pictures of Robbie Gould from 2006. These are the older style(you can tell by the seam straight across the front of the upper chest). This is the same style of the Ebay Cutler. The third picture shows our friend Mr. Cutler. See how the "6" is basically a "9" turned right side up ! Not hard to imagine what may have happened now. Is it ?
    Well I doubt Cutler and Gould wear the same size jersey. Jay is 6'3 233 and Gould is 6' 185, that is a 3 inch, 50 pound difference. Does anyone know what size they each wear? I think that will answer the question of whether or not a Gould jersey was turned into a Cutler.