Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: If you paid BIG $ for JO's Cutler or Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by clinton2828 View Post
    "Why do you guys think a person would pay that much for a players jersey that is...."

1) they are loaded and a big jets fan and money is not an issue

2) a sanchez family member

3) fans of teams or players will always pay more to get the items they want, i have and will do it with my own collections because items are worth more to me than to others.
    AGREED!!!

It's like my Matt Holliday 2006 ASG GU BP Jersey that I got through Andrew Lang... MLB still had it available almost 4 years later... why? I'm sure because most people thought $800 + for the jersey was an insane price. To me, the jersey is worth way more as it is from Matt's 1st ever ASG and because Matt knows who I am. He gladly signed it and added a Game Used inscription when I showed him the MLB hologram and a print out of the Holo description verifying it from MLB as Game Used.

It is now a cornerstone of my Holliday Collection. I didn't buy it for resale, but it's funny how many Holliday collectors I know thought I was insane, but AFTER it was Autographed and Inscribed, they all now want it for a premium over what I paid...

Again, I'll go with the simple answer - PERSONAL TASTE / PREFERENCE. No one owes anybody any reason or explanation beyond that.

- Chris

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    AGREED!!!

It's like my Matt Holliday 2006 ASG GU BP Jersey that I got through Andrew Lang... MLB still had it available almost 4 years later... why? I'm sure because most people thought $800 + for the jersey was an insane price. To me, the jersey is worth way more as it is from Matt's 1st ever ASG and because Matt knows who I am. He gladly signed it and added a Game Used inscription when I showed him the MLB hologram and a print out of the Holo description verifying it from MLB as Game Used.

It is now a cornerstone of my Holliday Collection. I didn't buy it for resale, but it's funny how many Holliday collectors I know thought I was insane, but AFTER it was Autographed and Inscribed, they all now want it for a premium over what I paid...

Again, I'll go with the simple answer - PERSONAL TASTE / PREFERENCE. No one owes anybody any reason or explanation beyond that.

- Chris

Chris, Thank you for that statement. I live by it.

Banned

See how it's a diagonal seam across the shoulder/upper chest area ! In the fake on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Jay-Cutler-Chica...item35a59b6239 it is straight across the chest, just under the NFL shield on the neck! This is an older design from 2005-06. Long before Cutler was a Bear ! This isn't even an authentic retail jersey ! It's an old jersey somebody with a sewing machine altered.
    Attached Images Attached Images