Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Anyone have any cool stories about sports and your Dad?

JASONBANZ-I am taking a little personal break from posting on here.But i just had to come on to comment.I figured it's the least i could do as you posted the pictures i requested.And let me just say those are beautiful pictures all around,face and all.Man i really love that expression on your face as that alone is the price of any gift.That's the look you are looking to get when someone opens a gift of yours.I know when i gave my brother his game used troy riddle jersey for christmas.And he just saw the box that said "meigray" on it,well that look on his face alone was worth the price of the jersey.I saw on your other thread about the frame.That looks great with that picture.I got a pair of brett kiesel glove of the steelers that he gave me during a game.And he signed the gloves before giving them to me.But i also put it in a frame like you did with a picture.And it was apicture that i took at the same game.And i mailed him the picture to thank him for the gloves and he sent back the picture signed to me.So thats great to put a picture with the gloves.Well back to my personal break,but just wanted to say thanks for posting that my friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonBanz View Post
    Joba,
    Just for you, the pics of me opening the gloves. Ignore the nasty looking red eye and my ugly face! Hope you enjoy!

Attachment 33588
    Attachment 33589

Joba, Thanks! Cool story about your brother also! Enjoy your break!

Don't really post much on this site but enjoy reading every day. I feel like I know some of you even though I've never talked to you. My Dad passed away today and although we never were really that close I have one small memory to share. I'm from Wisconsin and my Dad lived in Green Bay about a mile from Lambeau Field. Back in the 80s and early 90s he used to get tickets to the Packer games from his work and he would leave them in his mailbox for me and my brothers to go to the game. One game really stands out. I was in college and he really wanted me to take a break and go to the game. I still have the ticket stub as I saved them all from the games I attended. It was a Thursday night game against the Bears, October 17th 1991. It was a much needed break for me and I'm glad he insisted I go.

Quote Originally Posted by carct View Post
    Don't really post much on this site but enjoy reading every day. I feel like I know some of you even though I've never talked to you. My Dad passed away today and although we never were really that close I have one small memory to share. I'm from Wisconsin and my Dad lived in Green Bay about a mile from Lambeau Field. Back in the 80s and early 90s he used to get tickets to the Packer games from his work and he would leave them in his mailbox for me and my brothers to go to the game. One game really stands out. I was in college and he really wanted me to take a break and go to the game. I still have the ticket stub as I saved them all from the games I attended. It was a Thursday night game against the Bears, October 17th 1991. It was a much needed break for me and I'm glad he insisted I go.
    I'm sorry for your loss! My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I hope these memories that you have help you through your greiving process!

I thought it would be pretty cool if you guys posted photos of you with your Dad to honor him! This photo has been posted a few pages back, but I'll throw it back on because its the only one I can find right now. My Dad, Brother, and Myself before going to the Fins game!

Name:  0000.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  101.1 KB

JASONBANZ-I just had to come back and post this.As i think that's a great idea to do this.As that ties in great to the spirit of this thread of yours.To have us post pictures of our dads.Infact i was even thinking of doing it myself-evil minds think alike i guess.And i just have to say thats a great photo to start this off with-a dad and his two boys.Getting ready to see thier team play.Thanks for posting that my friend.
    I thought it would be pretty cool if you guys posted photos of you with your Dad to honor him! This photo has been posted a few pages back, but I'll throw it back on because its the only one I can find right now. My Dad, Brother, and Myself before going to the Fins game!

Attachment 33816

JASONBANZ-You posted a picture of you and your dad.So i thought you deserved me posting a picture of me and my dad.It's a very old picture so i am sorry for the quality.But it's a picture that has always been my favorite.It's my dad and little boy at the drag races.As my dad used to be a drag racer when there was a track here.And the whole family would go every weekend to see him race.And in the picture you can see his car in the background.And my mom took the picture as you can her foot in the corner of it.Well anyway,jason this picture is for you and the greatest thread you started.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    JASONBANZ-You posted a picture of you and your dad.So i thought you deserved me posting a picture of me and my dad.It's a very old picture so i am sorry for the quality.But it's a picture that has always been my favorite.It's my dad and little boy at the drag races.As my dad used to be a drag racer when there was a track here.And the whole family would go every weekend to see him race.And in the picture you can see his car in the background.And my mom took the picture as you can her foot in the corner of it.Well anyway,jason this picture is for you and the greatest thread you started.
    Joba,
    Great picture! That is one great Father Son photo! Can't see a face, but it certainly captures a true Father Son relationship! Thanks for the kind words and posting the photo! That photo is great for the thread "WE" started!

JASONBANZ-Thanks jason as that means alot coming from you.Believe me you don't want to see this face,it was'nt made for cameras.And again evil minds think alike as i love this picture for that reason.It to me shows a great dad and son picture.Thats why this picture has always been my favorite picture of me and my dad.And right back at you with the thanks for the kind words and posting of your great dad and you photo.And thanks again for giving me partnership in this thread.As "WE" started the greatest thread on here.
    Joba,
    Great picture! That is one great Father Son photo! Can't see a face, but it certainly captures a true Father Son relationship! Thanks for the kind words and posting the photo! That photo is great for the thread "WE" started!

Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    JASONBANZ-Thanks jason as that means alot coming from you.Believe me you don't want to see this face,it was'nt made for cameras.And again evil minds think alike as i love this picture for that reason.It to me shows a great dad and son picture.Thats why this picture has always been my favorite picture of me and my dad.And right back at you with the thanks for the kind words and posting of your great dad and you photo.And thanks again for giving me partnership in this thread.As "WE" started the greatest thread on here.
    Joba,
    No problem! I'm glad you posted! Definitely a great picture!

I know there are some other people holding out! Lets see some more photos!!