Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
I can tell you from experience going back to 2001 with Pujols items that a lot of player equipment (bats, gloves, cleats, etc) is donated by the players back to their countries.

It makes it tough when you see gloves like this that appear to be made for the player that don't match up to photo style matches.

As Michael knows, I got offered that Manny glove from a Dominican contact of mine and thanks to Michael (nationals2k9) I passed on it when we couldn't find any photo evidence to at the least make a style match.

The current seller on eBay paid a lot of money for the glove and probably thinks it was actually used by the player. It could have been but we found no photo evidence to show the player used that style glove.

What.....you mean you don't want to take a "gamble" and throw in a typical ebay "best offer" of 29.95 under your other ebay user name "Earl_Scheib"??? C'MON Andrew !!! No GUTS.....no GLORY !!!

One day, months after this auction ends and some other lucky soul takes a shot.....ONE picture might surface showing Manny wearing the glove in a photo op before batting practice, then you'll be left feeling like a loser.

Oh....wait.....I think I read somewhere that they can "photo-shop" those kinds of pictures, and make the game used item match up with the altered picture right in their garage......My bad !!!

Never mind !!!