Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: If you paid BIG $ for JO's Cutler or Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post
    I have to agree here. What is the purpose of this thread? Part of one of the rules we have is:

It is expected that all posts are to be created with a sincere attempt to benefit the hobby.

People may have different reasons for paying whatever they do for an item. If there is something that the hobby can benefit from by questioning what someone is willing to pay for an item please let me know. Otherwise, we would ask that we try to focus on the rule above.

I cannot answer why this thread was started. I will own up to my own opinions though, and that is exactly what they are opinions.

On your point Chris, maybe a more productive way to continue this thread would be to go off what CLINTON2828 originally stated:

"a jersey is worth what one person is willing to pay not what 99.99 percent of what people think it is worth"......so lets go with it then.

Why do you guys think a person would pay that much for a players jersey that is....

A) unproven as a NFL rookie and has thus far fell short of the expectations and hype surrounding him?

B) leads the NFL in interceptions, only trailing Brett Favre's record of 29 INT's by 4 with 2 games left to play?

Since it is ultimately us as collectors that determine the market value of game used items, why do you think a person would pay the amount that they did for those 2 jerseys?

Banned

This is the example of a Jay Cutler Jersey that was just sold on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jay-Cutler-Chica...item35a59b6239

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tjm5711 View Post
    This is the example of the fake Jay Cutler Jersey that was just sold on Ebay and deleted !

Triplexxxsports posts often on the site maybe he can give us a little more info on the jersey.

This is the example of a Jay Cutler Jersey that was just sold on Ebay

Took out the word 'FAKE'

Banned

First off, there's no captain's patch ! Secondly, the stitching pattern along the front and sides(under the arms) is the style of the older jerseys from 2 or three years ago. The"6" is way too big for this Jersey" The elastic band along the waist is all wrong too! In the two pictures from a preseason game you will see there is no seam horizontally straight across the top of the jersey by the shoulders ! Down the sides are all different too ! Especially around the arm-pits. But there is a straight visible seam in the [jersey] that was featured in the forum"Show me your Chicago Bears stuff" where the owner acknowledged it! Then went and listed it on Ebay !
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Banned

Here's the link and pictures again !

The truth is in the diagonal seam under the shoulder in the picture of Cutler with the towel ! The [jersey] on Ebay has a seam straight across the front chest. Cutler never wore this 2-3 year old style !

Here's the link and pictures again !

The truth is in the diagonal seam under the shoulder in the picture of Cutler with the towel ! The fake on Ebay has a seam straight across the front chest. Cutler never wore this 2-3 year old style !
    I never stated it was worn......

Banned

It's not even game issued ! This is an old cut style ! It's not even an Authentic retail !

Banned

Here we have in the following order a picture of from each regualr season game cutler wore a blue home jersey ! NONE of them have a seam across the upper chest ! They all have diagonal seams undeneath the arm pit !

1.)vs Eagles 2.)vs Rams 3.)vs Cards 4.)vs. Lions 5.)vs. Steelers

Banned

Thank you Dave. I wouldn't put an opinion like that out there without it being backed up !

The other confusing thing is this:

TEAM-ISSUED or GAME-ISSUED--Ordered by a team and intended for game use--but not worn or used. These jerseys will have been team stock, part of the equipment room inventory, but may not have had player's names applied and will not have received the customization that a specific player may request.
    GAME-READY--Completely ready for the player to use in game action, but not worn or used. These uniforms will have received the final customization that a player may request. These uniforms will often have been part of a player's uniform rotation, but for one reason or another never saw game action.
    _____

That was taken from a posting on 12/2/09 by XXXsports on this forum about an Adrian Peterson game issued jersey.

My question(for all our educational purposes only) which definition does this jersey fit? I'm guessing "Team or Game-issued" But this is an older cut style !

Maybe there's another defintion for this one. Let's make up our own. "Semi-game issued,semi-game ready, throwback style !"