Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Yankee/Steiner Game-Used??

This will boggle your mind...I purchased at the new Yankee Stadium a set of game used dirt Yankee/Steiner coasters.Out of the 4 that come in a box,1 made me realize i will no longer buy any game used items.Each of these have the MLB hologram on them.The one in question has these: LH-516319. Now keep in mind that this is a game used dirt coin....when you go to the MLB website to authenticate this item it shows up as Yankee Stadium Seats-Main Box Top,session dated;July21,2009,PLEASE PLEASE read the fine print.Heres where the boggling begins...you must read and follow the instructions given to you by MLB...if you follow these instructions correctly,you will see yourself going in Circles,Thats right! Circles....
    this is the most BOGUS thing i have ever seen.Steiner rep offered me a M.Cabrera and R.Cano autographed balls and a new set of coasters just for this 1 piece."WHATS IT REALLY WORTH".
    can anyone tell me if this has any value?

Re: Yankee/Steiner Game-Used??

game used dirt coasters sounds right up there with my Sheffield socks and my Shea Stadium knapkin holder. no idea what its worth...

Banned

Not much Steiner sells alot of game used dirt from Yankee Stadium and it is just dirt. The MLB database as other threads have shown misdescribes items all the time. I own a Jim Thome gamer that I won in an auction on there it is autographed with a Game Used 2008 inscription, has his name on the barrell, his custom tape job and also came with a letter from the White Sox stating that it was a Thome 2008 gamer. There is no doubt that this is a Thome bat but the hologram corresponds to a B. Johnson 2009 spring training used bat.

They are sure as hell not worth the $500 you want for them in your joke of an eBay auction. They made a mistake, you should have let them fix it and taken one of the two different stories you tell of what they offered you. Just my humble opinion.

does anyone know what bob malandro is up to nowadays? Steiner can really use him as their game used contact, the current one is a joke and has no clue how to write proper sentences nor informed answers on game used inquiries.

Banned

IMO it's really not that big of a deal, it's dirt.

Even though it says seats you clearly know it is not.