Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Opinions on autographing GU items?

What's your opinions on game used items being autographed?

Would that keep you from buying it?

Or would you have a GU item you presently own autographed if given the chance?

Just wondering what everyone thinks about this....

Thanks

Merry Christmas.

Re: Opinions on autographing GU items?

My preference is to keep the item the way it came off the field. So my goals are always to be unsigned. Sometimes i may cross an item that is already signed, and if it's a piece that i really like then i wont mind the autograph so much.

I would have to agree, I almost always prefer the item unsigned, but it all depends on the individual.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

I prefer non signed. Here is an example of a player butchering his own gamers. Whoever Anthony is, I'm sure he was very disappointed when he saw how these were signed.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by jdr3 View Post
    I prefer non signed. Here is an example of a player butchering his own gamers. Whoever Anthony is, I'm sure he was very disappointed when he saw how these were signed.
    Wow, that's just terrible, you know he did it no purpose too......
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

I used to be totally against having GU items autographed, but now I like having bats signed. Yes, you run the risk of receiving a bad autograph, but a bat looks fantastic when signed nicely.

I'm still against having jerseys signed. Autographs often come out poorly on them and even the ones that look nice initially have a good chance to fade or yellow.

hello i prefer my game used items signed, because is a better way to know if the item is fine or not.. thanks

I prefer to have specialty game used jerseys signed by the player. These would be jerseys that are used one time for a special occasion and sometimes you might actually meet the player.

Bats that were given to me by the player I have gotten signed as well. Some of these bats have no name on them anyway so adding the player's signature would add value, and I have no intent to ever let these go as they have more intrinsic value to me.

Regular bats and jerseys I do not get signed at this point. There have been a few items that I bought with an autograph on the item, but I tend to stay away from an autographed game used item. My feeling could change down the road.

Chris

I think bats kind of lend themselves to being signed (particularly ash ones)...I'm not so crazy about getting jersey's signed though....

I prefer unsigned if I have my choice, but I don't disliked signed either.
    If I get something unsigned, thats how it stays 90% of the time. If the item is a treasure, a historic piece...for sure I'll leave it how it is.
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net