X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • legaleagle92481
    Banned
    • Oct 2009

Re: NFL AUCTIONS - Game Used

Wow those Dolphins prices are high! I understand that there was excitement that Orange jerseys hit the market but most of the players are commons, except for Henne, Brown, Taylor, Davis and Porter, they did not even offer Jake Long. The Dolphins have filled the market with their jerseys this year so other than the orange variation it is not like any of their players are rare and the team was a third place team.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
      Banned
      • Oct 2009

Did anyone notice who the high bidder is on the Barber? MJR258 of course he has it up to $855 with three days left, this is like a rerun of a bad tv show.

Comment

• jhunt28
        • Oct 2008

I have another good one for you on NFL Auctions. The Jets ran a Superbowl trip on NFL Auctions, and one of my friends won the auction. It was a Dutch Auction, and it went for $6550. The Jets rep just called him at work, said the other guy who won the auction never paid. He asked if he wanted the trip for 4? If not, he had to reauction the Super Bowl trip for 2. It seems like bidding and not paying is becoming more commonplace these days on the site, which is unfortunate. But I guess this is a microcosm of our country...

Comment

• JasonBanz
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by jhunt28
          First off, I'm not judging this one buyer in any way. I think it's awesome that someone has this kind of coin to drop on a few jerseys. I just have never heard of the two guys who have "??" next to their names. But this is an awesome amount of money on one auction!!!!!!

Taylor$2,790.00 Henne$5,030.00 White$1,521.00 Brown$3,853.00 Smith??$2,345.00 Wake??$2,050.00 Ginn$1,530.00 Davis$2,050.00 $21,169.00
          Cameron Wake was on the best pass rushers on the Dolphins this year. He was a standout in the CFL in 2008. He got the rush on Tom Brady which cause him to throw an interception to end the game. He had a good number of sacks for not playing many downs in a game.

Sean Smith was one of the rookie cornerbacks out of Utah. Played well for his rookie season. Actually beat our Vontae Davis for the starting spot this year opposite Will Allen. When Will Allen got injured this year, both rookies had to step in. Vontae had a better year considering he had 3 ints and Sean had none.

Comment

• Mulligans
            • Dec 2009

Well....I for one bid long and hard and then went to bed empty handed!

There has to be a few guys out there waking up with one of those "Buyers Regret" Hangovers!!

Comment

• TDKID
              Banned
              • Jan 2010

First off, I'm not judging this one buyer in any way. I think it's awesome that someone has this kind of coin to drop on a few jerseys. I just have never heard of the two guys who have "??" next to their names. But this is an awesome amount of money on one auction!!!!!!

Taylor$2,790.00 Henne$5,030.00 White$1,521.00 Brown$3,853.00 Smith??$2,345.00 Wake??$2,050.00 Ginn$1,530.00 Davis$2,050.00 $21,169.00

WOW, those are some hefty prices there ! That even makes JO Sports look cheap ! 5K for Henne ? Unreal !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                Banned
                • Oct 2009

I have another good one for you on NFL Auctions. The Jets ran a Superbowl trip on NFL Auctions, and one of my friends won the auction. It was a Dutch Auction, and it went for $6550. The Jets rep just called him at work, said the other guy who won the auction never paid. He asked if he wanted the trip for 4? If not, he had to reauction the Super Bowl trip for 2. It seems like bidding and not paying is becoming more commonplace these days on the site, which is unfortunate. But I guess this is a microcosm of our country...
                They should handle it like a regular auction house does. You bid you pay or they take legal auction that will stop this nonsense. Now there are no consequences to not paying. I mean these are luxury items if you don't have the money don't bid. I wonder how many of these jerseys get bid up by people who would not pay for them if they won and without these people how much this stuff would really go for.

Comment

• JasonBanz
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by TDKID
                  WOW, those are some hefty prices there ! That even makes JO Sports look cheap ! 5K for Henne ? Unreal !!!!!!!!!!
                  That is the game where Rex Ryan said, "we made that quarterback look like Dan Marino"

Comment

• indyred
                    • May 2006

Some Bears pink C patched jerseys are up. Including Kreutz. Never see his jerseys come up for sale. I don't think any have made it to JO site. Although someone may have pre ordered his stuff and gets it before it could be put on the site.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                      Banned
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by indyred
                      Some Bears pink C patched jerseys are up. Including Kreutz. Never see his jerseys come up for sale. I don't think any have made it to JO site. Although someone may have pre ordered his stuff and gets it before it could be put on the site.
                      http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bi...unbr=113295014
                      JO only gets certain players from the teams they have deals with so they may never have gotten any of Kreutz. I see a Cutler on there that is almost a grand already so we will see if the 3 grand JO once charged that everyone got all upset about on here is that outlandish. Cutler had an amazing end to his year so it will be interesting to see what he does next year.

Comment

• LA_1968
                        • Dec 2009

Anyone ever consider the NFL players going on the auction and bidding up their own item? Sounds stupid? I know! They might get ragged by other players if their jersey goes too cheap. If this was somehow true you'd think they would just pay for it... but then again they get them cheaper.

Comment

• 34swtns
                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
                          I see a Cutler on there that is almost a grand already so we will see if the 3 grand JO once charged that everyone got all upset about on here is that outlandish.

NFL Auctions.....where all the geniuses shop.

I wouldn't be surprised if that Cutler hit 5 grand.

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by 34swtns
                            NFL Auctions.....where all the geniuses shop.

I wouldn't be surprised if that Cutler hit 5 grand.
                            That's only $192.31 per interception...

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                              Banned
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by LA_1968
                              Anyone ever consider the NFL players going on the auction and bidding up their own item? Sounds stupid? I know! They might get ragged by other players if their jersey goes too cheap. If this was somehow true you'd think they would just pay for it... but then again they get them cheaper.
                              I don't think the players really care what their jerseys go for. What it is if you look at it is many times you get someone who bought a different jersey of the same player on there in a prior auction bidding again to get the jersey to sell for more. Without some of these guys doing this jerseys would sell for much less in many cases. Many of them are members of this forum who do this frequently. The risk of course is noone outbids you but rarely does a jersey not seem to attract bids at the end. A very small group of people actually win jerseys on there, when you are talking about above average to star players so it is often them just bidding against each other for the same jerseys and often driving up the price on each other.

Comment

• ivo610
                                • Dec 2009

Originally posted by LA_1968
                                I have mentioned NFL auctions to about 5 players and none of them have ever heard of it. They could care less about what there stuff sells for. But I wouldnt be surprised if a couple players were on there buying stuff.
                                Ryan

NFL game used collector

Comment

Working...