Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Re: NFL AUCTIONS - Game Used

Quote Originally Posted by tjm5711 View Post
    Yeah, and it's the same guy that bid it up last time and probably didn't pay for it.

This the SAME Barber jersey?? AGAIN?

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bi...unbr=112993910

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    Doesn't make much sense to me......I have requested a response from the NFL and will post it as soon as I hear back from them.

I own at least 3 of the items that are up again. The odd part is that some of these Jerseys are so beat to crap and smell like they have been worn for a whole season, I can't imagine them swapping Jerseys. I know that they do it in alot of other sports, but the NFL Jerseys are actually put on the shoulder pads with a mechanism. I couldn't imagine them doing that during the game.
    Some players are known to wear two per game but it is mostly QBs that do with Favre being the prime example and I know Emmitt Smith back in his run to the record used to wear multiple jerseys per game. At halftime I guess would be the only real time to change though because like you said they are hard to get on and off but even then they only have a few minutes so I am anxious to see their response.

Hhhhmmm, what word am I thinking of?

Here's a hint: it rhymes with "shill".

Oh crap......

Banned

The Barber jersey is the same as the one that ended earlier this week, I enlarged the pics and the COA and PSA hologram has the same number.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    The Barber jersey is the same as the one that ended earlier this week, I enlarged the pics and the COA and PSA hologram has the same number.

It was the same guy who bid it up the last two times Jpeck2. Him and another guy(MJR258) won it one time each. Either they're defaulting on payment, or one of them is a shill bidder. I have no idea ! All i know is it has NINE days to go and is already $450 ! RIDICULOUS ! The Bears long snapper's jersey is $400 with NINE days left. I don't get it ! Those are way to high that early in the auction ! WOW !

All I can say is that I'm 100 per cent DONE with NFL auctions.
    They will never get a penny from me.

The same jersey listed 3 times and it goes over $1600 twice ?!
    Brooks, Alstott, Lynch......maybe.
    Barber.......not a chance, (and xpress, that's an 'absolute' you can bet your house on). This long-time Bucs collector is certain about that.

It's ridiculous if people are actually bidding those amounts but I'm beginning to suspect something else is going on.
    Either way, I'm done with 'em.

Banned

The Patriots prices are starting to drop. Jarvis-Green and some guy named Ingram (who got over a grand last time) did not even get a grand and Maroney (who sold for over 5k last time) was under 2 grand. Personally I like the vintage look of the AFL jerseys better than the London jerseys.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Just out of curiousity, I emailed nfl auctions about an hour ago on this matter and they replied quickly indicating that the jersey was sold and not paid for twice before and they do not know why.

They did not offer further detail but this is what I suspected. There is clearly something weird about the bidders on this jersey but I have never personally had any problems with NFL Auctions and their customer service or bidding practices.

Well it looks like the bidding is about to get serious with that Tom Brady jersey that just dropped on NFL auctions. Ill take bets on here on what you think it will end at. My guess is 14,000. Only bc of the timing. If this was oct it would be like 9,000.

I was bidding on the Pats Jerseys....then I read the small print that the Jerseys had been washed. I think that scared some people away?

The normal guys who bid high were nowhere to be seen.