X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TriplexXxSports
    • Jan 2009

Re: NFL AUCTIONS - Game Used

Originally posted by jhunt28
    Here's my problem with these guys who are driving up the prices, and not paying. Look at the Barber jersey you bought for $1,005. The guy MJR258 won the second listing, and didn't pay. In the auction you won, the same guy, MJR258 outbid you at $900, and drove the price up. These clowns should not be able to re-bid after winning and not paying. Technically, I think you should go to NFL Auctions and tell them every bid by MJR258 should be thrown out. You should be the winner of this jersey for $900, not $1,005. It's criminal that these guys are able to do this. I think you have a very valid argument. I guess I can understand someone bidding, and not paying (I really can't, but I don't want to start a political stance)...but there is NO WAY you should be allowed to bid again on the site, let alone the exact same item, and drive up the price on a buyer like yourself, who is more than willing to pay. Any thoughts? I would write to them if it happened to me, and decline to pay any price that this guy MJR258 bid up.

This MJR258 clown is the same guy that is running my Cutler through the roof, not to mention many others.

I still cannot fathom the antics allowed and the ethics used by NFL Auctions. The problem is, is that NFL Auctions will continue to allow this and there is not a damn thing any of us are going to do about it.

I would eat my own shoe and publicly display the video of it if NFL Auctions went back into the previous listing and knocked out all of the bids that these non-paying, ass clown bidders placed with no intentions of committing to the sale.

It is situations like this that make JO's premiums better and better. At least with them you do not get all the B.S. like what is going on at NFL Auctions.

Comment

• jhunt28
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by TriplexXxSports
      This MJR258 clown is the same guy that is running my Cutler through the roof, not to mention many others.

I still cannot fathom the antics allowed and the ethics used by NFL Auctions. The problem is, is that NFL Auctions will continue to allow this and there is not a damn thing any of us are going to do about it.

I would eat my own shoe and publicly display the video of it if NFL Auctions went back into the previous listing and knocked out all of the bids that these non-paying, ass clown bidders placed with no intentions of committing to the sale.

It is situations like this that make JO's premiums better and better. At least with them you do not get all the B.S. like what is going on at NFL Auctions.

I wouldn't be so sure...my buddy won the Superbowl package from the Jets...it was a dutch auction, and the guy who bid up the price didn't pay. My buddy said this is BS, and they knocked off $1,500 from his package price. They agreed that the guy who didn't pay, shouldn't be charging others for driving up the price. I would state clearly that this guy MJR258 has bid up previous items, and not paid. I'd call Scott Miller at NFL Auctions and point this out, and have them throw out this guys bids before it gets out of control on the Cutler jersey. I'd hate to see you pay way more than you should...

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by jhunt28
        ..... have them throw out this guys bids before it gets out of control on the Cutler jersey. I'd hate to see you pay way more than you should...
        Thanks buddy, but I wouldn't pay 1/2 of the price it will go for. Even if it came with Cutler himself & a dinner/movie date.

Just like Ricks (34SWTNS) stance, they will all find their way to the second hand market for half of what they are going for now, and I am happy to wait.

Comment

• Mulligans
          • Dec 2009

Thanks for the research guys! You have absolutely enlightened me! This MJR258 guy has bid against me on almost every Pats item and quite a few others. As soon as I see his name, I know that I will end up walking away without the item. I have not given this a second thought until just now.

I see no rational reason why he would bid so high and then not pay? EXCEPT....that he is some how affiliated with the NFL Auctions?? I know this is way too odd and a bit of a smoking gun, but I cannot think of any other rational reason. How would the NFL let him continue to bid under the same name after defaulting on an Item? How is it even possible to default on an item?

The Barber Jerseys were different.....I put my bid in well before the end of the Auction and couldn't believe I had won the items in the AM. What would have happened if I started bidding again?

I have e-mailed NFL Auctions many times with a pretty good response rate...Until I start to hit a nerve with them and then they go dark on me. Does anyone know who this person is:
          Barber, Ellis [EBarber@hibbertgroup.com]

He was my contact regarding another issue that I had with NFL Auctions.

Is there any way of knowing if NFL Auctions is active on GUU as a member in disguise?

Comment

• jhunt28
            • Oct 2008

Hibbert Group is the company which warehouses, and ships the items. They won't be able to help you regarding bidding practices. My point with the Barber jersey, is that even though you put in a bid early on, if MJR258 wasn't able to enter bids, no one else would have topped you after $900. I would try Scott Miller directly at the NFL Auctions office directly in New York.

Comment

• ivo610
              • Dec 2009

his direct line is (212) 450-2552
              Ryan

NFL game used collector

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                Banned
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by TriplexXxSports

NFL Auctions allows this for a very simple reason. The higher the prices the more is raised for charity and the better the NFL looks. The solution is just not to bid when one of these guys and we all know who they are bids. This way they can win the item and not pay and then the item can be relisted again and again eventually they will get tired of relisting item after item, their fundraising total will be down and they will react by starting to take action against these people.

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
                  NFL Auctions allows this for a very simple reason. The higher the prices the more is raised for charity and the better the NFL looks. The solution is just not to bid when one of these guys and we all know who they are bids. This way they can win the item and not pay and then the item can be relisted again and again eventually they will get tired of relisting item after item, their fundraising total will be down and they will react by starting to take action against these people.
                  Very well said, and I agree completely. I have only bid on/won 1 item from there. I am not all that anxious to go on a bidding war with people (we know who) who have no intentions other than to rocket the prices and not pay.

I am not the one that is losing out if I do not bid on an item that I like because of these antics, it is the charities, and if that is alright with the NFL, then it is fine by me as well.

Comment

• jbcindc
                    • Jul 2008

I haven't bid on any of the jerseys prominently discussed in this thread, but I have bid against jebacke on several jerseys that have been relisted after he/she won the auction. In one instance I got the relisted jersey I wanted for $900 less than its original sale price to Jebacke. Anybody else have an experience with this bidder? I agree that there should be some sanction to bidding and not being able to pay.

On another note, I wish someone would finally win (and pay for) that pesky Barber jersey so that I don't have to keep looking at it week after week!

Jason

Comment

• LA_1968
                      • Dec 2009

If they bid and don't pay, NFL Auctions should ban their username, ip address, credit card, phone number and whatever else they can to avoid them coming back with different info.

It's almost like they don't care if they don't get paid. Makes no sense business wise and I thought they were supposed to be smart over at the NFL. The only way it makes sense is that if they have done analysis showing that the boost they get in prices offsets the nonpaying bidders. I doubt that they have done this, and I doubt that analysis would prove they get more money the way they let people repeat after not paying.

Another option would be for them to have a policy where the non-paying bidder's bids are automatically thown out and second place wins. Of course this would change the dynamics of the bidding while it is happening (i.e. if I see something ALREADY higher than what it's worth I simply wouldn't bid). Plus they'd have to chase after the second place guy which probably wouldn't pay off.

Besides pissing money away, NFL (Auctions) is pissing off serious bidders. Times are tough and it's insulting to see them doing things this way.

dyna

PS I hope they do have a spy here.

Comment

• Mulligans
                        • Dec 2009

I am still waiting to hear back from NFL Auctions......The "Straw" is bidding again on the new Barber jersey! Yea....you would think after already winning a few times and not paying, he would be done!

Comment

• 34swtns
                          • Apr 2006

As much as I would like to add the final piece to my Bucs collection, NFL Auctions won't be seeing a penny from me.
                          I can't participate (i.e., throw my money away) in something that doesn't make sense.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                            Banned
                            • Oct 2009

Interesting auction last night. The Cutler went for $2,500, the odd part is the Cutler in the Hunt's SuperBowl Auction that ended online Saturday and was live Sunday went for only $1,300. Both had the Pink Patch the one on NFL Auctions is autographed but a $1,200 difference has to be the most expensive Cutler autograph ever. I would have thought the live auction would have brought crazy prices due to all the high roller's being at the game but most were reasonable. A rare Favre Jets gamer only went for 10k. Did anyone win anything from the Hunts Auction i came up just short on a Brandon Marshall I won the online part but at the live auction someone topped me by one bid which I hate when that happens.

On a side note the Olin Kreutz on NFl auctions must have set a new record for a center's jersey sale price. That was alot of coin for a guy who won't make Canton. Kevin Manawe who will make Canton had his gamer sell for under $600 on there earlier this year it ended up on Ebay for essentially what the guy paid and over a month later it is still there.

Comment

• TDKID
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2010

Crazy prices. But as usual you had a couple of the usual guys running the prices up. Let's see if any of that stuff gets relisted if some of these guys don't pay. $3,000 for Kreutz ? Unreal ! The Cutler went for exactly what JO is selling it for. I think Bears stuff goes for some of the most inflated prices. Look at the signed Forte Jerseys still going for $400. Either these guys are falling victim to the guys running the prices up, or they just don't know the value. Either way, I'm baffled by these new highs !

Comment

• dcgreg25
                                • Jan 2008

Looks like Mulligans/pbrtalls finally ended the streak of the Barber jersey being sold and then relisted. Congrats!

Comment

Working...