Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Re: NFL AUCTIONS - Game Used

I agree that sometimes when a second jersey comes up the buyer of the first still bids on it. I bought one of the Josh Cribbs jerseys on NFL Auctions and about a month later the home version came up. I preferred the home version to the road and bid on the home jersey as well. I did not bid just to drive the price up but if I could win it for the price I bid, I would have kept both jerseys or sold the other one.

The pool of buyers that see an auction for one week on NFL Auctions is so small that even taking one buyer out of the pool can significantly reduce the price for a jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    I don't think the players really care what their jerseys go for. What it is if you look at it is many times you get someone who bought a different jersey of the same player on there in a prior auction bidding again to get the jersey to sell for more.
    Out of all the theories posted here about non-paying bidders on NFL Auctions, I think the above explanation makes the most sense. I disagree that is an effective tactic but it's the most logical.

In the long run a Ronde Barber is still worth whatever it is worth once someone compares it to another similar player's going price.

RANDY MOSS GAME WORN AFL LEGACY PATRIOTS JERSEY - $ 12,990.00 [nesportsnut]
    TOM BRADY GAME WORN AFL LEGACY PATRIOTS JERSEY - $ 17,880.00 [nesportsnut]

Compared to the Moss, the Brady is a way better deal. 3 Championships for Brady. Moss, none in sight. Possible HOF though. The Brady compared to the what the Farve went for on JO is a better deal too. Neosports was probably ready to go 25-30k for this one.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LA_1968 View Post
    RANDY MOSS GAME WORN AFL LEGACY PATRIOTS JERSEY - $ 12,990.00 [nesportsnut]
    TOM BRADY GAME WORN AFL LEGACY PATRIOTS JERSEY - $ 17,880.00 [nesportsnut]

Compared to the Moss, the Brady is a way better deal. 3 Championships for Brady. Moss, none in sight. Possible HOF though. The Brady compared to the what the Farve went for on JO is a better deal too. Neosports was probably ready to go 25-30k for this one.
    The same guy paid 13k for the last Moss. For some perspective I paid 993 dollars for a Steiner Terrell Owens in the Fall auction on this site that he scored a td in and to me their careers have been very similar down to the disruptive behavior to their teams so I cannot fathom how Moss is worth 13x as much, especially since he made only one catch in it for 39 yards and no tds. More perspective a Peyton Manning sold for 10 grand on NFL Auctions in the fall and resold on Ebay for 11 grand this past weekend. Peyton has four MVPS, a ring, a super bowl mvp and after this weekend maybe two of each and when it is all said and done will have the second best numbers (TDS, Yards) accumulated after Farve with many less ints and a better QB rating. Peyton's stats will dwarf Brady's and he will have more all pro apperances than Brady and very well may win as many rings. Favre is very overpriced he wears two jerseys a game and in ten years will be remebered as a Packer rather than a Viking. As far as the Moss-Brady comparison valuewise QBs are well above every other position and elite qbs always sell for more than elite wideouts.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    The same guy paid 13k for the last Moss. For some perspective I paid 993 dollars for a Steiner Terrell Owens in the Fall auction on this site that he scored a td in and to me their careers have been very similar down to the disruptive behavior to their teams so I cannot fathom how Moss is worth 13x as much, especially since he made only one catch in it for 39 yards and no tds. More perspective a Peyton Manning sold for 10 grand on NFL Auctions in the fall and resold on Ebay for 11 grand this past weekend. Peyton has four MVPS, a ring, a super bowl mvp and after this weekend maybe two of each and when it is all said and done will have the second best numbers (TDS, Yards) accumulated after Farve with many less ints and a better QB rating. Peyton's stats will dwarf Brady's and he will have more all pro apperances than Brady and very well may win as many rings. Favre is very overpriced he wears two jerseys a game and in ten years will be remebered as a Packer rather than a Viking. As far as the Moss-Brady comparison valuewise QBs are well above every other position and elite qbs always sell for more than elite wideouts.
    Agreed on all points. The only thing special about the Patriots game worn jerseys is that they are hard to get so far. That's a bit of an equalizer but not enough for these prices. nesportsnut now has TWO 13k Moss. I thought maybe he'd let this one go after what happened in the playoffs and Moss's future for a NE championship looking weak. Nesportsnut will be had if they come out with a ton of Patriots stuff later. That stuff is somewhere.

Is it possible that this is the exact same Ronde Barber jersey, that has sold at least 3 times prior on NFL Auctions? I also think I've seen that Rock Cartwright more than once too...

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bi...unbr=113580837

That Rock Cartwright is a relist, http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bi...unbr=111587450

As for Ronde Barber, it's getting ridiculous with his stuff, his red BCA jersey was listed 3 times and this is the 2nd listing for his white BCA.
    His London jersey was also recently sold. Here are the links for anybody interested.

Ronde's 1st Red, http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bi...unbr=112185202
    Ronde's 2nd Red, http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bi...unbr=112773778
    Ronde's 3rd Red, http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bi...unbr=112993910

Ronde's 1st White, http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bi...unbr=111209625
    Ronde's 2nd White, http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bi...unbr=113580837

Ronde's London, http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bi...unbr=113280778

Thanks for the links, that's interesting.

Interesting how "jpeck2" supposedly won the 1st red listing, subsequently didn't pay, and was allowed to bid on it during the 2nd listing.

I still smell a rat.

I think someone had done some research in the past on the Barbers. As I understand NFL Auctions weighed in on this topic. The Red Pink Patch was relisted twice for non payment? I bought it the 3rd time around for @ 1K and as far as I am concerned, its worth every penny. It is a great jersey!

I'm not sure about the White one, but I did buy the London Jersey for roughly the same price as the red one and It is also really nice. I haven't really looked closely at the Photos, but I assume that they are the jerseys that were originally posted.

Having said that, I find that there have been quite a few questionable items on NFL Auctions. Its not uncommon to buy a non Jersey item which is listed as game used, but cannot be found anywhere in a photo of the game that it was supposed to be worn in. Also, a jersey may say something like "used in week 11", but is the wrong color Jersey for that week?

Just my 2 cents......

So, you're "pbrtalls"?

I googled that user name a couple of weeks back and found over 10 pages of NFL Auctions listings associated with it.

If you ever decide to let one of those Barbers go, (at a substantial loss, unfortunately), I've got a place reserved for it.........