Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: NFL AUCTIONS - Game Used

Being a lifelong Browns fan and an NFL jersey collector, I was watching these jerseys the entire auction. As for the prices, here is my take....

Thomas-good pro bowl lineman. Most linemen jerseys sell for much less.

Lewis-10,000 yard rusher(I collect these)1 time pro bowler, 2000 yard season. But not a glamour runner. Power back. About what I thought it would go for.

Cribbs-8 return tds. Most ever in only 5 years. But yes, a returner. Is a great player to watch. Most likely to be incorporated more in the offense next year. Actually thought it would have gone higher.

Dawson-Longest tenured Brown. Very reliable kicker throughout his career. But kickers jerseys don't usually garner much. About what I thought it would go for.

In essence, I think the Lewis and Cribbs went for good prices. I think the Thomas was a bit high and the Dawson at what I expected. Just my take.

I have bought a bunch of kickers/punters of jerseys...

I bought a Brian Moorman for $376 and an Olindo Mare for $301. I also bought a Kris Brown for $365 and a Rob Bironas for $300 that were on Ebay a few weeks after the items ended from NFL Auctions.

P.S. I just bought a Phil Dawson for $300 shipped a few days ago or I would have put up a fight for the one on NFL Auctions

Always looking for punter and kicker jerseys...

I think the Cribbs was priced right if not a little below what I thought it woudl sell for. He just broke the career KR for TD records and is still early in his career. I think he has a brighter future than most return men given that he is a bigger player and should hold up better and may.

One massive disclaimer....I bought the jersey! It arrived today and shows great use and is signed on the number. Cribbs (signed) jerseys on NFL Auctions have been going at $500+ if memory serves me.

The Browns were talking about incorporating him more into the regular offense lining up at RB as he averages 5.9 YPC in his career (only 40 carries). He is an exciting player and weighs 215 so he could play some RB. Even based on his career to this point, I am happy with the price and jersey especially as it comes from NFL Auctions. I tend to think the NFL Auctions jerseys typically carry a premium, just my opinion.

On the Thomas, I was going to bid but the price shot up in extended bidding going from about $800 to $1400+.... He is a great player, likely with several more pro bowl appearances but I was surprised it went that high as a Browns OT.

The Lewis was a pretty good price- he had one great year for the Browns and is a great player historically, super bowl, pro bowls 2000 yd season and likely HOF. That jersey is more for the historic value than the value of this season....right about what I expected. Same with the Dawson, right around my expectation.

Regardless, it is great to see Browns GU jerseys hitting the NFL Auctions! I would love to see some more.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ivo610 View Post
    How did you feel about the Joe Thomas jersey?
    I think it was way overpriced. He is an o-lineman and they tend to go for the least after the kicker/punters. Jo and Steiner, retailers sell jerseys of o-lineman who have been to many pro bowls for between 500 and 1,100. And I am talking Orlando Pace, Chris Samuels, Steve Hutchinson, Nick Mangold, Jamal Brown, Flozell Adams, Leonard Davis, Marcus Macneil, Alan Faneca big name type guys. On Nfl auctions they typically go for under a grand. I got a Roos for 305 and a Ferguson for $625 and a Manawe sold for under $700 to someone else. The only other o-lineman to go for that kind of money is Jake Long and Doplhins jerseys always seem to do well even a Porter game issued but not used one went for a grand recently on there.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by indyred View Post
    A couple years ago prices were much much higher overall
    see this thread on it
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...mlinson+jersey

You can find deals from time to time. The Jets Titans jerseys have been selling pretty low now. Also Oilers and Kansas City throwbacks from this year have been selling really low.
    The Chargers powder blue throwbacks always do well and they have auctioned many of them over the past few years. Still common players can fetch pretty close to a grand it seems. Nice that they always are unwashed and show nice use. Too bad Patriots washed the jerseys from London game that have been selling on there.
    Wow that thread is scary. Jerseys have really declined in value it seems. JO has Bart scott for 1,700 and they are a retailer and he went for double that two years ago. A kicker going for over 3 grand? I have yet to see anything near that lately. I am new at collecting jerseys and I might be totally off here but maybe it was because that is when the NFL first started selling them at auction and maybe alot less were sold than are sold now.

Thank you to you if you commented on the Cribbs jersey. As I stated before, I was strongly considering it, and I just felt it was a bit too high. Maybe I can acquire one at at some point.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Thank you to you if you commented on the Cribbs jersey. As I stated before, I was strongly considering it, and I just felt it was a bit too high. Maybe I can acquire one at at some point.
    There is another one on there just opened today closes Jan. 4th, good luck if you go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    There is another one on there just opened today closes Jan. 4th, good luck if you go for it.
    Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by dcgreg25 View Post
    Josh Cribbs GU Browns Jersey $905
    Jamal Lewis GU Browns Jersey $980
    Phil Dawson GU Browns Jersey $407
    Joe Thomas GU Browns Jersey $1410

I was surprised to see the Thomas and Lewis go for more than the Cribbs!

Quick take as I have collected Browns gear for years.

Thomas - way too much and much much more than I expected.
    Lewis - way less than I expected.
    Cribbs - way less than I expected.
    Dawson - I won this at my max bid and would not have bid any more, so I was glad that it was added to my collection. Overall, I am glad that I won it, but also understand that I will never make a buck off of it if I ever try and re-sell it.

Also, I was bidding on the Cribbs jersey, but did not have the available cash due to the holiday, otherwise I would have bid much higher than the ending bid. Cribbs is one of the most exciting Browns players we have seen in years. That being said, I will be bidding on the newly listed Cribbs jersey very aggressively. I do understand though, that whatever the ending price will be, it will be much greater than what it is really worth in a regular auction setting (as well are most of the NFL results are). I have purchased a number of jerseys from NFL Auctions and paid way more than what I felt they were worth, but was glad to obtain them as I do not plan on re-selling any of them. So... The first Cribbs jersey sold for less than what I thought it would sell for, but even at that price, it is really overpriced and most definitely not worth that in the regular market. But heck, I'm going to
    bid more on the new one and be happy if I win and pay more than what it is really worth.

legaleagle92481 and hockeytigers,

When you have a moment, please contact me at gixc@verizon.net

Thanks!

Mark Hayne