Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: NFL AUCTIONS - Game Used

NFL Auctions now has Patriots AFL Legacy game used jerseys listed!Lets see what they bring.

I've been unsuccessfully bidding on the PATS Jersey's for months and finally got one of the cheapest ones available!

I just got it yesterday and it is real nice! Contrary to a previous post, the jersey is definitely not washed.

For the prices paid for some of these Jerseys, it is certainly hard to resell them. And of all places EBAY? New England Fans have been obsessed for years, but is starting to wear off. They couldn't even sell out the Pats playoff game tomorrow? I got a call from the Red Sox yesterday offering me season tickets? Something is going on?

If the pats lose this Sunday, I wonder where the Jerseys on NFL auctions will go?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    I've been unsuccessfully bidding on the PATS Jersey's for months and finally got one of the cheapest ones available!

I just got it yesterday and it is real nice! Contrary to a previous post, the jersey is definitely not washed.

For the prices paid for some of these Jerseys, it is certainly hard to resell them. And of all places EBAY? New England Fans have been obsessed for years, but is starting to wear off. They couldn't even sell out the Pats playoff game tomorrow? I got a call from the Red Sox yesterday offering me season tickets? Something is going on?

If the pats lose this Sunday, I wonder where the Jerseys on NFL auctions will go?
    I don't think if the Pats game tommorrow will effect prices much. The prices are high because the Pats before now have not had any no doubt authentic jerseys on the market and collectors wanted them and could not get them so when they finally hit the market people were willing to pay huge money for them. The Steelers did not make the playoffs this year but if tommorrow Steelers jerseys hit NFL Auctions there would be a bidding frenzy that probably would exceed the frenzy the Pats have generated. As far as the jerseys being washed that post was made by someone who based the observation on the pictures on there which we all know are terrible but thanks so much for sharing that with the rest of us so if any of us ever buy any of them on the secondary market we know that someone did not add dirt and grass to them to make them more appealing, which I would not put past alot of these people. As far as selling I would hold them until after the Pats AFL Legacy jerseys are auctioned which is starting now and wait until like training camp/preseason/when the season when people will be in a football buying mood but before new jerseys go on there. And you could try Hunt Auctions or another auction house if you did not want to use Ebay.

That barber jersey is insane.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ivo610 View Post
    That barber jersey is insane.

Yeah, and it's the same guy that bid it up last time and probably didn't pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    NFL Auctions now has Patriots AFL Legacy game used jerseys listed!Lets see what they bring.
    Was hoping it was the red ones.

Banned

Anyone know where to get unwashed Ravens jerseys? Like JO quality. Nothing on JO or NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrulesU View Post
    Anyone know where to get unwashed Ravens jerseys? Like JO quality. Nothing on JO or NFL.
    Besides a few Ray Lewis jerseys I havent seen 2 many of them. Never seen an ed reed actually...

Ravens sometimes sell on NFL Auctions. Couple years ago they sold entire black set.
    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/...r_Auction.aspx

Poster on here RKGIBSON has some cool looking Ravens. Including a very sweet Ray Lewis purple one. If I recall he had it matched to several games. It is just hammered. I know it's posted in show your football thread he started and photo match thread. I think he may also own a Ed Reed.

Another round of NFL Auctions jerseys closed last night. A few notables that had been discussed in this thread, it appears the Ronde Barber jersey actually went for more than the previous one as it closed at $1655. Wow! I was surprised to see this jersey go through the roof (again).

As a Browns collector, I also was watching the Browns jerseys pretty close and it was interesting to see where the brown jerseys (2nd auction) closed relative to the white jerseys (1st auction) that were auctioned off:

Josh Cribbs- 1st Auction- $905, 2nd $1389 (53% increase)
    Jamal Lewis- 1st. Auction (GU) $980, 2nd (GI) $585 (40% decrease though comparing GU to GI)
    Phil Dawson- 1st Auction $407, 2nd $480.50 (18% increase)
    Joe Thomas- 1st Auction $1410, 2nd $815 (42% decrease)

I could not find the price on the first D'Qwell Jackson jersey. Interesting to see the comparison between first and second jerseys sold. While the Lewis probably should not be factored in because the first was GU and the 2nd was GI, it appears there is a pretty wide variation in the hammer prices between first and second auctions. I would be interested to see here if this held true for other teams' jerseys that sold both home and road versions of the pink patch jerseys.