Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Re: NFL AUCTIONS - Game Used

If he was in pads and standing on a sideline for a game then I would consider it "Game Used". If he did not dress but wore it on the sideline, then I would call it "Game Issued".

I think, when you start asking the question, does wearing a jersey for a backup qb make it game worn, it opens a can of worms...

What about a kicker who kickoffs and kicks the ball for a touchback and never steps foot back on the field because his team gets shut out...does that really count as well?

Too many questions and what if's...keep it simple...If the player is in pads, then the jersey in "Game Used".

I can agree, if pads were worn, I would call it "Game Used" ir "Game Worn". Personally as long as the player wears it, I really don't care. I'm not big on purchasing "issued" jerseys because I like them to be worn. I'd buy an issued jersey to get it signed. Thats it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by clinton2828 View Post
    "Jared Odrick Autographed Orange Dolphins jersey. From Sept 12 game against the NY Jets but player was injured and did not play."

they are not stating it is game worn ; i think they aer ebeing honest. it is a team issued jersey.
    Yeah my bad I saw it fast.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jhunt28 View Post
    Let me ask your opinion on this...Would you consider the Pennington jersey "game worn", even though he stood on the sidelines wearing a baseball cap? Personally, I would put both of them in the same category of "game issued". But I guess some would argue that just because you don't get into the game, doesn't mean it isn't game worn.
    Jon, I know you did not ask me but I agree with your opinion. To me game used requires actually being in the game. Otherwise what is the difference between Thigpen or another 3rd string QB standing there in a jersey and a fan standing in his seat in a jersey? Both have nothing to do with what is happening in the game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hockeytigers View Post
    If he was in pads and standing on a sideline for a game then I would consider it "Game Used". If he did not dress but wore it on the sideline, then I would call it "Game Issued".

I think, when you start asking the question, does wearing a jersey for a backup qb make it game worn, it opens a can of worms...

What about a kicker who kickoffs and kicks the ball for a touchback and never steps foot back on the field because his team gets shut out...does that really count as well?

Too many questions and what if's...keep it simple...If the player is in pads, then the jersey in "Game Used".
    One play counts as GU to me. As another example how about a QB who in a blowout comes in just to kneel down? The recordkeepers will count it as a game played in either scenario which is what I think one has to go by. After all one play can be huge. Lets say guy only returns kicks and he returns the opening kickoff for a TD and then neither team scores the rest of the game and he never steps foot on the field again that day.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBanz View Post
    I actually saw Thigpen on the sidelines Sunday night. He was in uniform, I remember thinking if the Dolphins auction the orange jerseys again, maybe I can afford the Thigpen!
    I believe the 3rd QB always wears a uniform because and guys correct me if I am wrong but can't the 3rd QB only play if the other two QBs get injured and are unable to play? So if Henne and Pennington both got hurt then even though he was listed as inactive wouldn't Thigpen have been able to come in as the QB? The Jets listed Clemens as inactive also that day so this is what I think explains it. Normally I don't see why an inactive player would dress or even if they would let him dress as at other positions I believe if your listed as inactive you can't play no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    I believe the 3rd QB always wears a uniform because and guys correct me if I am wrong but can't the 3rd QB only play if the other two QBs get injured and are unable to play? So if Henne and Pennington both got hurt then even though he was listed as inactive wouldn't Thigpen have been able to come in as the QB? The Jets listed Clemens as inactive also that day so this is what I think explains it. Normally I don't see why an inactive player would dress or even if they would let him dress as at other positions I believe if your listed as inactive you can't play no matter what.
    From what I understand, that's not correct because last year when Pennington got hurt against the Chargers, Pat White was the #2 QB that game. They threw Henne in the game as he was #3. But the rule on that is, if the 3rd string goes in, the 2nd string QB that game cannot play.

Banned

From what I understand, that's not correct because last year when Pennington got hurt against the Chargers, Pat White was the #2 QB that game. They threw Henne in the game as he was #3. But the rule on that is, if the 3rd string goes in, the 2nd string QB that game cannot play.
    From NFl.com here is the rule if anyone's curious I just looked it up:

NFL'S "third-quarterback" rule -- sometimes misunderstood:
    Seventeen years ago (1991) the third-quarterback rule was instituted to enable teams to have an emergency quarterback available who was not on the 45-man game-day active roster, since many teams, for strategic purposes, only carried two quarterbacks on their game-day roster.
    Everybody thinks they understand the NFL's "third-quarterback" rule. But do they?
    The rule states that if a third quarterback is inserted before the fourth quarter, a team's first two quarterbacks cannot be used in the game at any position.
    Another aspect of the rule is sometimes misunderstood. It is a coach's decision as to whether a third quarterback will be used.
    The active quarterbacks do not have to be injured for a team to use its third quarterback

I totally missed the prices on the Dolphins orange gamers. Anyone catch any of them?

I totally missed the prices on the Dolphins orange gamers. Anyone catch any of them?
    Just go to the "Recently Closed" link on the NFL Auctions page, it has them listed there.

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bi...4914&sort=sold