Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Banned

Re: Hof Induction On Wednesday.who Doyou Want In

Quote Originally Posted by mr.miracle View Post
    UHHHH What??? The best second baseman in the game period in the 90's and it is not even close. Other than the spitting incident, I am not sure how anyone can suggest he is not a HOF'er.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/hof10/...rry&id=4781279

I misunderstood the title of the thread. It was who do YOU want in, I thought it was who would or should be in. Alomar a first timer, no way, that was my reaction. I remember he was good, but I don't remember him being the best. Thats fine if others think he was, but honestly, in my opinion, he doesn't seem hall worthy.

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by tjm5711 View Post
    I never said I wanted EVERY Hall of Famer to have those numbers. Like I said, you made very solid points. You can debate for days who should, and shouldn't be in the hall. And in my opinion Andre Dawson, shouldn't get in. And I really doubt he ever will !
    The Hawk is in, glad the voters did not see things the way you felt.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STLHAMMER32 View Post
    The Hawk is in, glad the voters did not see things the way you felt.
    Wow, you didn't waste much time rubbing that in ! I'm not going to do you the favor and engage you any further. You're obviously just trying to create a harsh dialogue back and forth.

Exclamation Re: Hof Induction On Wednesday.who Doyou Want In

Wow, you didn't waste much time rubbing that in ! I'm not going to do you the favor and engage you any further. You're obviously just trying to create a harsh dialogue back and forth.
    Don't take it the wrong way...I am truly glad the guys that put him in did not feel the way you did. You made it very clear that you felt he would never make it and I am glad he did because the guy is a class act and did things not many can say they did regardless of how good they were. I am not looking for harsh dialogue but lets just say I want be asking you for any stock advice any time soon

Banned

Don't take it the wrong way...I am truly glad the guys that put him in did not feel the way you did. You made it very clear that you felt he would never make it and I am glad he did because the guy is a class act and did things not many can say they did regardless of how good they were. I am not looking for harsh dialogue but lets just say I want be asking you for any stock advice any time soon
    I wouldn't be asking anybody for stock advice in the roller coaster market of the last couple years. I don't have any huge problem with him getting in. I am surprised Barry Larkin or Robbie Alomar didn't get closer. Both of them definitely belong in my opinion.

I wouldn't be asking anybody for stock advice in the roller coaster market of the last couple years. I don't have any huge problem with him getting in. I am surprised Barry Larkin or Robbie Alomar didn't get closer. Both of them definitely belong in my opinion.
    You aren't lying, tough to take advice with this market but Ron Paul's advice about Gold a decade ago looks good now...

Robbie will be a Hall of Famer but I think the voters would not let him get in on the first ballot. He is deserving but the spitting incident probably cost him a first year.

Banned

You aren't lying, tough to take advice with this market but Ron Paul's advice about Gold a decade ago looks good now...

Robbie will be a Hall of Famer but I think the voters would not let him get in on the first ballot. He is deserving but the spitting incident probably cost him a first year.
    Would about Larkin ? Me and others have stated a handful of times earlier in this thread the case for him. I think he's just as deserving.

Would about Larkin ? Me and others have stated a handful of times earlier in this thread the case for him. I think he's just as deserving.
    I wouldn't say he is as deserving as alomar but Larkin was a very good ballplayer. With Larkin there is not really any reason to say he is not hall of fame worthy....

The problem I see is that his numbers look less favorable compared to current Shortstops. The position has changed since Larkin was playing it as his best.....will people remember that now in voting? I guess we'll find out.

I wouldn't say he is as deserving as alomar but Larkin was a very good ballplayer. With Larkin there is not really any reason to say he is not hall of fame worthy....

The problem I see is that his numbers look less favorable compared to current Shortstops. The position has changed since Larkin was playing it as his best.....will people remember that now in voting? I guess we'll find out.
    Congrats to the Hawk, it is well deserved!

I think Bert and Alomar will both get in eventually...Alomar is being punished for some of his indiscretions.

I think Larkin was hurt by all the articles that, rightfully, compared him to Alan Trammell. I believe they are both HOFers, but when Trammell is getting less than 50% year in and year out, it is hard to vote for his peer.

Next year's class is pretty weak if I remember correctly. Both Blyleven and Alomar will be shoo-in's for next year if they are this close. Larkin will be someone that waits for a few more years, but will make it. Jack Morris and Lee Smith might be the next Jim Rice scenarios.

Chris