Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eag
    • Nov 2009

Re: NFL AUCTIONS - Game Used

Hey Legaleagle, I was bidding on the Kevin Williams and dropped out after it got to $650. I ended up going for the Steve Hutchinson and the Ryan Longwell, winning both. I am a huge Vikings guy and wanted those for my wall.
    I liked the throwback style of the Williams though. Great piece!

Comment

• ivo610
      • Dec 2009

I think the Williams one and the Favre were the only two to go under what I expected. Some was a little high though...
      Ryan

NFL game used collector

Comment

• legaleagle92481
        Banned
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by eag
        Hey Legaleagle, I was bidding on the Kevin Williams and dropped out after it got to $650. I ended up going for the Steve Hutchinson and the Ryan Longwell, winning both. I am a huge Vikings guy and wanted those for my wall.
        I liked the throwback style of the Williams though. Great piece!
        Yeah I was excited about winning that one for that reason can't wait for it to arrive! You got a steal on the Hutchinson btw, they just listed another one and it exceeds what you paid already and the auction goes until 1-4 and on Jo sports they go for $1,100 unsigned.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
          Banned
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by jhunt28
          HA HA!! You don't miss a thing, do you?
          Nope I follow NFL Auctions like it is my second job!

Comment

• jhunt28
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
            Nope I follow NFL Auctions like it is my second job!

How is your Jets collection coming along?

Comment

• ivo610
              • Dec 2009

Looks like the Cribbs, Hutchinson, and Williams jerseys are blowing past the last ones that were on there as far as price goes. Cant wait to see what they list superbowl weekend
              Ryan

NFL game used collector

Comment

• Jules9
                • Dec 2008

There were 2 Brian Dawkins AFL legacy throwback jerseys that were between $825-$875 each. Both listings said they were used on the same date.

Brian Dawkins Broncos orange alternate for $1300

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Jules9
                  There were 2 Brian Dawkins AFL legacy throwback jerseys that were between $825-$875 each. Both listings said they were used on the same date.

Brian Dawkins Broncos orange alternate for $1300
                  The question is if it was the same jersey listed twice or he wore two in that game. I have noticed a few jerseys apparently being relisted because I assume the winning bidder did not pay for them.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by jhunt28
                    How is your Jets collection coming along?
                    I just started collecting jerseys in October so far I have Ellis, Ferguson and Thomas Blue throwbacks from the 9-27 game and a Revis home jersey from the Jacksonville game from JO Sports. I am selling the Thomas and a few non-Jets jerseys to buy a Thomas Jones and I hope to pick up a Mangold in the near future. Besides the Jerricho jersey from the Grey Flannel auction you mentioned in another thread, have you picked up anything lately?

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                      Banned
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by ivo610
                      Looks like the Cribbs, Hutchinson, and Williams jerseys are blowing past the last ones that were on there as far as price goes. Cant wait to see what they list superbowl weekend
                      Have you picked anything up from NFL auctions?

Comment

• jhunt28
                        • Oct 2008

I just started collecting jerseys in October so far I have Ellis, Ferguson and Thomas Blue throwbacks from the 9-27 game and a Revis home jersey from the Jacksonville game from JO Sports. I am selling the Thomas and a few non-Jets jerseys to buy a Thomas Jones and I hope to pick up a Mangold in the near future. Besides the Jerricho jersey from the Grey Flannel auction you mentioned in another thread, have you picked up anything lately?

I have most of my stuff on a Webshots page...There are some other helmets (non Jets) that I don't have listed...Here is most of it.

Webshots, the best in Desktop Wallpaper, Desktop Backgrounds, and Screen Savers since 1995.

Comment

• Jules9
                          • Dec 2008

The question is if it was the same jersey listed twice or he wore two in that game. I have noticed a few jerseys apparently being relisted because I assume the winning bidder did not pay for them.
                          I thought it might be the same jersey but the only thing was, the same bidder won both jerseys and the price on both was different (lets just say one was $835.74, the other $865.32)

If I remember correctly they were listed pretty close to one another, within a week or two. Maybe Josports would know what's going on.

Comment

• ivo610
                            • Dec 2009

Have you picked anything up from NFL auctions?
                            Not in awhile. I have been focusing on collecting alot of helmets to complete my collection. Im a Packer fan so im still awaiting out hope that something from them lands on there.
                            Ryan

NFL game used collector

Comment

• Mulligans
                              • Dec 2009

What's up with the Patriots Jerseys over he last few months. I know GU PATS jerseys are few and far between, but I have seen jerseys going well over a grand for Guys that I have never even heard of?

They all seem to hover around 600-800 bucks just before closing and then shoot absolutely through the roof! I know some of them have been solid players, but others are not.

Having said that, I will continue to bid on them with hopes that I can get lucky on something fairly good!

Sometimes its difficult to distinguish the difference between market values of some of these items and the emotions of a group of fanatical guys obsessed with Collecting?

I must admit that I fall into both groups!

Happy Bidding!

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                                Banned
                                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Mulligans
                                What's up with the Patriots Jerseys over he last few months. I know GU PATS jerseys are few and far between, but I have seen jerseys going well over a grand for Guys that I have never even heard of?

They all seem to hover around 600-800 bucks just before closing and then shoot absolutely through the roof! I know some of them have been solid players, but others are not.

Having said that, I will continue to bid on them with hopes that I can get lucky on something fairly good!

Sometimes its difficult to distinguish the difference between market values of some of these items and the emotions of a group of fanatical guys obsessed with Collecting?

I must admit that I fall into both groups!

Happy Bidding!
                                Don't worry the Patriots AFL throwback jerseys will be on there at some point according to the NFL Auctions twitter and prices should stablize a bit the second time around.

Comment

Working...