Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
I've been unsuccessfully bidding on the PATS Jersey's for months and finally got one of the cheapest ones available!

I just got it yesterday and it is real nice! Contrary to a previous post, the jersey is definitely not washed.

For the prices paid for some of these Jerseys, it is certainly hard to resell them. And of all places EBAY? New England Fans have been obsessed for years, but is starting to wear off. They couldn't even sell out the Pats playoff game tomorrow? I got a call from the Red Sox yesterday offering me season tickets? Something is going on?

If the pats lose this Sunday, I wonder where the Jerseys on NFL auctions will go?
I don't think if the Pats game tommorrow will effect prices much. The prices are high because the Pats before now have not had any no doubt authentic jerseys on the market and collectors wanted them and could not get them so when they finally hit the market people were willing to pay huge money for them. The Steelers did not make the playoffs this year but if tommorrow Steelers jerseys hit NFL Auctions there would be a bidding frenzy that probably would exceed the frenzy the Pats have generated. As far as the jerseys being washed that post was made by someone who based the observation on the pictures on there which we all know are terrible but thanks so much for sharing that with the rest of us so if any of us ever buy any of them on the secondary market we know that someone did not add dirt and grass to them to make them more appealing, which I would not put past alot of these people. As far as selling I would hold them until after the Pats AFL Legacy jerseys are auctioned which is starting now and wait until like training camp/preseason/when the season when people will be in a football buying mood but before new jerseys go on there. And you could try Hunt Auctions or another auction house if you did not want to use Ebay.