Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Need an opinion on a value for a vintage item

I have a ticket stub in very good condition from the 1956 World Series - Game 5 from Don Larsen's perfect game. Does anyone have an idea what this may be worth? It was passed down through the family and now I have it; it's such a neat piece with great historical value as we all know.

Thanks,
    Tim

Re: Need an opinion on a value for a vintage item

Hi Tim--

Here is a link to a similar ticket (check condition) currently on Ebay. With a couple of hours remaining it is at $320.00 with 23 bids.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1956-WORLD-SERIE...QQcmdZViewItem

Hope this helps

Mike

If it is from your family, it is priceless. The only thing in this hobby worse than buyers remorse, is sellers remorse.

I have one of these matted and framed with the scoreboard in the background showing all of the zero's and Billy Martin behind Larson at second base. Mine has one small crease in it. I have seen these sell at a major auction house (not complete ticket) for around $600.00--$650.00. You might want to get it graded if you feel it is in nice enough shape...seems to be the trend everyone is moving to.

I took mine to a show and had Don Larson sign and put the date of the no hitter on the ticket and then framed it all.
    I always root for each team to get at least one hit in all 7 of the World Series games every year! Nice item. Good luck.

Thanks for the help everyone. I don't think I want to sell it because it's nice just having a great piece with such historical value. I also have a program from the series that my grandfather gave me and it's also signed by Ed Sullivan. He met Ed at the game and had him sign the program. Very neat piece!

Tim