Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RIP George Michael

Was sad to read this, George Michael Sports Machine was true must-see TV back in the day! http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=4770549

Re: RIP George Michael

whew...for a second there I thought that we lost one of the genious minds behind Wham! and the hit single Faith (amongst others)

wade

Up in Canada, this was the only US sports highlight show I could watch in the 80s. Always looked forward to Sunday night.

Banned

I agree ! Years ago, when I didn't have ESPN ! Can't imagine what that would be like now !LOL "George Michael's Sports Machine" was must see TV every Sunday night !

Wow this scared me as well thinking that Wham's George Michael was the one beig talked about. Thank god, but it still doesn't make it better that Sports Machine's George Michael passed.

Being a lifelong redskins fan, i grew up on george michael. way ahead of his time, was a real assest to the sports community.

this was the real George Michael! He will be missed!

Very sad news indeed....I had the privilege of being at the SABR National Convention last summer and watched him do a great interview with both Frank Howard & Rick Dempsey.....About 10 years ago, he called me because he was doing an interview with Cal Ripken Jr. and he wanted me to help him with some questions for Cal (other than the typical ones he had been asked over and over). As a thank you, he sent me a copy of the interview along with a very nice note.

RIP George...

In his waning days on WRC, Michael drove me crazy with his "the only teams worth my time are the Nationals and Yankee$" baseball coverage, but it cannot be denied that for many years his "Redskins Report" was the only thing about that team that was worth watching. He will be missed.
    RIP.

Growing up in Washington, George was the man to watch for sports on the news as he had more allocated time for sports and always had the inside scoop and would always interject the non-mainstream into it===wrestling, rodeo, curling, and drag racing.

He will be missed!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500