Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Your favorite Christmas/Hanukah hobby gift?...

In my case, it was a present from a collector friend, David Beal of North Carolina. He sent me (in 2008) a game-worn Winston-Salem Warthogs (High A Carolina League White Sox affiliate, now called the Dash) of Allen Thomas, a former Chisox farmhand who is now the team's strength and conditioning coach.

What's yours? (2009 included)

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Re: Your favorite Christmas/Hanukah hobby gift?...

My favorite was from Christmas 2006 when my brother got me a Ken Griffey Jr. game worn helmet from the 1994 All Star Game.

Tonight the only thing I got that was closest to game used was a piece of foul pole from Yankee Stadium. My aunt from New York got it for me. Her company is tearing the stadium apart, and she snuck a piece of foul poul out for me before it got hologrammed (as what her note said with it).

Why, just this morning I got a nice 2001 Keenan McCardell unwashed Jaguars home jersey. It smells bad, but it is cool!

This morning from my wife and baby...An Uncracked 125th anniversary Todd Helton Dated 6/18/09 with COA from Rockies..I think I've found a photomatch already...Pics coming soon!

This year, from my sister, Dan Haren's signed 2008 Diamondbacks 'Los DBacks' jersey.

This morning under the tree was a New York Mets equipment bag filled with a complete set of game used catcher's equipment (shin guards, chest protector, mask and helmet) from Omir Santos' rookie season. All pieces show nice game used and wear.

Also, rookie Josh Thole's first big league hit at Citi field after being called up this September. MLB certified.

I had no knowledge about any of these gifts and can't believe the work that must have gone into obtaining these items. They were a huge surprise and they are perfect!

Merry Christmas,

Ron

Banned

Wow you guys are lucky, the world will end before my family does anything to feed my collecting!

Mattingly85MVP

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    Tonight the only thing I got that was closest to game used was a piece of foul pole from Yankee Stadium. My aunt from New York got it for me. Her company is tearing the stadium apart, and she snuck a piece of foul poul out for me before it got hologrammed (as what her note said with it).
    Nice pull there...did the piece have any writing on it, like fan signatures from the final game? I was at the last game at the old stadium, I signed the RF foul pole just before leaving, and I would love to get the piece that I signed

Best gift I always get is money so I can put towards new acquisitions, I know its lame but there have been many times I've gotten things I already had sitting in my collection.

Matt Wieters 2009 Game Used Bat.

My wife was going to buy the Garko jersey for me on ebay for Christmas, but she got sick and wasnt able to get it, so my favorite gift is that she tried to get me a jersey for my collection, even though she didnt have much extra money to be buying an item like this.