Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

OT: Urban Meyer resigns

All I can say is WOW. Talk about completely changing the landscape of the SEC and college football in general. Curious if the Gator fans on this site were as shocked as I was, or if they all knew something was brewing after his hospital visit for dehydration recently. I hope his health condition, whatever it is, is not life threatening or serious.
    -Mike

Always looking for Notre Dame memorabilia
    Private messages ARE enabled

Banned

Re: OT: Urban Meyer resigns

I always like Meyer for saying "no" to Notre Dame. He's done a lot better the last few years than ND has .

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    I always like Meyer for saying "no" to Notre Dame. He's done a lot better the last few years than ND has .

Dave M.
    Chicago area
    But how much better would ND have done with him there?

Quote Originally Posted by GarkoCollector View Post
    But how much better would ND have done with him there?
    A lot better - not as well as Florida has done, but ND would have been winning probably 9 to 10 games every year for sure. Meyer is that good of a coach (and recruiter).

That being said, I am very grateful that we got Brian Kelly - things should be turning around at ND real soon - like next season.
    -Mike

Always looking for Notre Dame memorabilia
    Private messages ARE enabled

I can tell you that Gator Nation is in shock. Nobody saw this coming except Meyer, Athletic Director Jeremy Foley, and UF President Bernie Machen. I'm sorry to see him go but happy to know he has enough perspective to know what's really important. I read that when his college freshman daughter was told of his decision, she said, "I get my Daddy back".

The question now, of course, is who's next. Several names have been mentioned, but one that really intrigues me is Mike Shanahan. All I know is this: Foley has hired two football coaches at UF - Ron Zook and Urban Meyer. This next hire better be a lot more like Meyer than Zook!