Donovan McNabb rookie jersey on ebay?

November 6 2005 at 2:54 AM Bobby (Login gameused)
Check out the link to a Donovan McNabb (starter) rookie jersey up on ebay. McNabb was using a Puma jersey during his 1999 rookie season and I remember Meigray had a bunch of 99 Eagles jersey's (Puma) for sale on their website with the year tag sewn on the inside of the neck area.

I know the main man from Meigray reads this thread, maybe he can clarify whether this is a authentic McNabb rookie gamer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DONOVAN-MCNABB-GAME-USED-ROOKIE-JERSEY-1999_W0QQitemZ8719380599QQcategoryZ86829QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/5...abb19992zr.jpg

AuthorReply

Barry Meisel
(Login BarryMeisel)
McNabb Removed from Ebay

November 6 2005, 12:56 PM
Hi Bobby,

The ebay auction was ended early ... so I cannot comment on the jersey.

I would be very, very, very, very careful with any Eagles McNabb. Since our contractual relationship began with the team in 2000 (we purchased their stock back to 1996) we've seen a lot of questionable McNabbs, and a lot of outright bogus McNabbs.

We have seen very, very few legitimate game-worn McNabb jerseys.

In fact, the last one we acquired from the Eagles, a white from 2004, was photo-matched to six consecutive games beginning with the first pre-season game.

That jersey, which was sold for $7,500, was matched via game use, name placement, unique imperfections in the stitching of the name and numbers, and eventually a hole in one game that became a repair in the next game.

We only have one McNabb in stock, a white from 2002 in which we have photo-matched a repair on the jersey. That jersey is available for $5,995.

Hope this helps,

Barry

Bobby
(Login gameused)
Re: McNabb Removed from Ebay

November 6 2005, 3:07 PM
Barry,

Thanks for your expertise on McNabb jerseys!

I have a question, did McNabb only wear Puma jersey's during his rookie season?

The McNabb jersey that was listed on ebay, it had a starter tag on the lower front left area of the jersey and to the left of that tag a year tag (99) was sewn in, the year tag is similar to the neck tags but with no jersey size number.

Thanks again, Bobby

Barry Meisel
(Login BarryMeisel)
'99 Puma Eagles

November 8 2005, 1:38 PM
Hi Bobby,

We were not dealing with the Eagles in 1999, so I cannot say for certain if McNabb only wore Puma.

I can say this, though: Every 1999 jersey we acquired from the Eagles has Puma on the sleeve, Puma tags at the bottom, and the size and year tag in the neck.

Hope this helps,

Barry