Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Photomatched Ring?

I just purchased the following ring off of ebay. I was searching through corbis images and photo's I have. I found a photo of Barry wearing this exact ring. I contacted the Jeweler and was told that only one of these rings were made and it was "made to order" and "one of a kind". The place that was selling it on ebay was a pawn shop.

I believe that this is the exact ring worn by Barry in the photo's. Any idea of a value or have you ever seen anything similar for sale? The ring is huge and very impressive looking in person.

Below are photo's from the article in the San Francisco Chronicle.

At his news conference, Bonds was wearing a huge diamond ring engraved with the number 73, a gift from a friend, a reminder of his bumper crop of homers at age 37. It also was a reminder of why he can demand to play until age 41, and expect to keep going longer.

Re: Photomatched Ring?

very cool, did you contact the seller and ask how it was obtained? Wonder if there is a cool story behind it. Bonds may have given it as a gift to a friend and then they may have cashed it in or something....who knows. Do you have the link for the auction still? Would love to see the listing.

Re: Photomatched Ring?

Quote Originally Posted by STLHAMMER32 View Post
    very cool, did you contact the seller and ask how it was obtained? Wonder if there is a cool story behind it. Bonds may have given it as a gift to a friend and then they may have cashed it in or something....who knows. Do you have the link for the auction still? Would love to see the listing.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Item number:160389255792
    Item number:160389255792Item number:160389255792