Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Ever have any of your items on a card?

I would love to get the one Milledge used, but I doubt it's even available.

Quote Originally Posted by GarkoCollector View Post
    This card, limited to only 50 made, is one of Garko's most sought after Rookie Cards:

It features him in the 05 MLB Futures Game for Team USA, shown here:

Which both feature this jersey, the only one of its kind:

The patch above the "A" in USA looks like its farther away from the american flag than the picture on the card. Could just be the angle but they look like different jerseys.
    Collecting current Brewers players and Prospects

brewergamer28@yahoo.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Might be the angle, but the source I got the jersey from was within the Indians organization, so thats enough for me to believe its the correct jersey. Maybe the jersey on the card is not the jersey he wore in the game. Mine is definitely the one worn in the game, but I figured he was wearing his gamer in the picture for the card, though I cant verify it for sure.

I have a '78 Gorman Thomas jersey that I believe he is wearing on the '79 Topps card.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Scott Harpt
    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

I have 2 posters and about 7 cards from 2001 that show Rick using this glove in 2000. The placement of his name stitching and laces are all consistent.

I have the jersey Donovan McNabb wore during the opening game at Lincoln Financial Field in 2003. The jerseys worn by the Eagles for this game had an opening day patch which were only used on these opening day jerseys. I bought the jersey from MeiGray. I found 2 or 3 cards from 2004 which show McNabb wearing this jersey with the opening day patch.

Quote Originally Posted by GarkoCollector View Post
    Might be the angle, but the source I got the jersey from was within the Indians organization, so thats enough for me to believe its the correct jersey. Maybe the jersey on the card is not the jersey he wore in the game. Mine is definitely the one worn in the game, but I figured he was wearing his gamer in the picture for the card, though I cant verify it for sure.
    I hope I am wrong but I dont believe that your jersey was worn in the game looking at the photos from the futures game it matches up correctly with the jersey from the card. Zookerman is correct about the patch not lining up correctly. Here is a photo of him during starting lineup announcement it shows good photo of the front.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/56...eball-Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by STLHAMMER32 View Post
    I hope I am wrong but I dont believe that your jersey was worn in the game looking at the photos from the futures game it matches up correctly with the jersey from the card. Zookerman is correct about the patch not lining up correctly. Here is a photo of him during starting lineup announcement it shows good photo of the front.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/56...eball-Platinum

I don't think the sleeve patch matches up either. Maye one of the guys on here can do their magic with photos to show side by side.

Dave

I have a Manon Rheaume hockey stick that matches one of her cards...

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    I don't think the sleeve patch matches up either. Maye one of the guys on here can do their magic with photos to show side by side.

Dave
    wish i was good at the photo work. Some of the guys on here are really good. I see a lot of things that are not lining up with the jersey but the front is the most concerning....really clear that they dont line up the same with the patch. Also with him taking the photo for the card before the game it would not make sense to change into another jersey that is the same as the one he was wearing already. Not looking good for it being the gamer unfortunately.