Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Re: Gloves on Ebay - Soriano collectors....

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    "Earl_Scheib"??? C'MON Andrew !!! No GUTS.....no GLORY !!!

My bad !!!

Never mind !!!
    I don't want my car painted or my wallet cleaned! LOL
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

What.....you mean you don't want to take a "gamble" and throw in a typical ebay "best offer" of 29.95 under your other ebay user name "Earl_Scheib"??? C'MON Andrew !!! No GUTS.....no GLORY !!!

One day, months after this auction ends and some other lucky soul takes a shot.....ONE picture might surface showing Manny wearing the glove in a photo op before batting practice, then you'll be left feeling like a loser.

Oh....wait.....I think I read somewhere that they can "photo-shop" those kinds of pictures, and make the game used item match up with the altered picture right in their garage......My bad !!!

Never mind !!!
    Man, Steve, I thought you were going to stop baiting. Obviously, your last post was a subtle, intertextual shot at STLHAMMER32 and tjm5711's position from the MLB authentication thread. It may go over the moderators' heads, because it is context dependent upon having read the thread about the Palmeiro authentication. If you don't see what I mean, please read the following posts:

STLHAMMER32

tjm5711

suicide_squeeze.

How is the following an attempt to do anything other than provoke other forum members, especially tjm5711, who wanted you to leave him alone?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Man, Steve, I thought you were going to stop baiting. Obviously, your last post was a subtle, intertextual shot at STLHAMMER32 and tjm5711's position from the MLB authentication thread. It may go over the moderators' heads, because it is context dependent upon having read the thread about the Palmeiro authentication. If you don't see what I mean, please read the following posts:

STLHAMMER32

tjm5711

suicide_squeeze.

How is the following an attempt to do anything other than provoke other forum members, especially tjm5711, who wanted you to leave him alone?
    Les - I thought his humor was directly towards my comments of the risk factors I pointed out on taking a gamble on the other MLB Authentication thread using the $20,000 Sanchez jersey and the $300 authenticated balls as an example.

The underlying humor is correct at the price the gloves are listed at are not worth taking a gamble of a photo showing up in the future.

I didn't think Steve was writing that towards anyone else but me hence my response:

I don't want my car painted or my wallet cleaned! LOL
    Let's not derail another thread.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post

STLHAMMER32

tjm5711

suicide_squeeze.

OK, you know what Frik, this is getting rediculous.

You email me privately, are as nice as can be, but every day you publicly post something like THIS nonsense.

It's uncalled-for, unfriendly, unwelcome, and in MY OPINION, you are attacking me and creating an unneccessary strain on my relationship with the mods here. It's like you're trying to draw attention to the old garbage that we have all left behind.........BUT IN DOING SO are creating the exact same scenario.

Please.....knock it off. If I get one more of these types of posts from you, I'm going to report it as harrassment.

This was a humorous post I did, and in NO way meant to be related to ANTHING ELSE. I knew from past conversations that Andrew had turned down that clove from the supposedly "well-connected" Dominican connection. That game use probably came from the kids on the streets of the Republic.....not Manny.

And I also know Andrew is a Soriano collector. So if I want to make a JOKE with my friend, I certainly don't need to worry about YOU editing the meaning, INCORRECTLY, of everything I write......are we cool?

Have a nice day.....and go check your email. While you were bashing me here, again, calling me a "baiter" (YES LES, with NO SEXIST MEANING INVOLVED THERE!!!)....I was busy typing you a VERY nice responce to the email inquiry you asked me about.

Regards,

Steve

This was a humorous post I did, and in NO way meant to be related to ANTHING ELSE. I knew from past conversations that Andrew had turned down that clove from the supposedly "well-connected" Dominican connection. That game use probably came from the kids on the streets of the Republic.....not Manny.

And I also know Andrew is a Soriano collector. So if I want to make a JOKE with my friend, I certainly don't need to worry about YOU editing the meaning, INCORRECTLY, of everything I write......are we cool?

Regards,

Steve
    Steve, it is all cool with me. I had a good afternoon laugh and totally knew you were poking fun at me.

I am not offended at all except I know some may be upset at getting a good thread derailed.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

OK, you know what Frik, this is getting rediculous.

You email me privately, are as nice as can be, but every day you publicly post something like THIS nonsense.
    Just FYI, the word is "ridiculous".

Every day I publicly post something? What are you talking about? The only thing I posted was when I was concerned about the comments you made about tjm5711's lack of masculinity. I found those to be offensive.

Other than that, I haven't posted anything about you at all, except for disagreeing with you about passion and collecting. That was not a personal attack, just a disagreement. And I have every right to my opinion.

There's a big difference between attacking ideas and attacking a person. I have been careful to not attack you personally, but only to criticize ideas with which I disagree. I am only around to have fun and help collectors.

Please.....knock it off. If I get one more of these types of posts from you, I'm going to report it as harrassment.
    Harassment? Are you serious? I don't resort to belittling, name-calling, etc. If anyone is being harassed, it's tjm5711, and I wrote in concerned about him.

I never harass anyone. Just because you don't agree with tjm's opinions in many threads doesn't mean that he is stupid or deserves to be mocked in other threads.

That's all I was saying, and I just meant to stand up for him.

Have a nice day.....and go check your email. While you were bashing me here, again, calling me a "baiter" (YES LES, with NO SEXIST MEANING INVOLVED THERE!!!)....I was busy typing you a VERY nice responce to the email inquiry you asked me about.
    Perhaps I will stick to email. Then, I won't be a bother anymore to this forum. I have tried to be constructive and to stand up for people like tjm5711, but in the end, I seem to do more harm than good.

This is my last post on this forum. I'm done. I left the forum in November because of this garbage. Was hoping it would be better this time around, but I guess not. It's too bad, but such is the climate around here.

I have many other interests than just baseball. I will go and pursue those. When you mention the word "bait", there is no sexist connotation. However, as a woman, I find some of your comments to be offensive.

See you later.

-Frik
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Banned

I wonder how difficult it would be to buy pro style gloves from Rawlings "custom glove" option on their site then have them embroidered to say whatever you choose, then sell them as game issued and game used.

HMMMMM (sarcasm) Buyer beware.

The writting is all over the wall. Not sure why so many others are afraid to say it. The only way we can protect each other in this hobby is to openly tell the truth and share what we know and also what we believe to be true. If it quacks like a duck, well you all know the saying.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrulesU View Post
    I wonder how difficult it would be to buy pro style gloves from Rawlings "custom glove" option on their site then have them embroidered to say whatever you choose, then sell them as game issued and game used.

HMMMMM (sarcasm) Buyer beware.

The writting is all over the wall. Not sure why so many others are afraid to say it. The only way we can protect each other in this hobby is to openly tell the truth and share what we know and also what we believe to be true. If it quacks like a duck, well you all know the saying.

You know, I was wondering that same thing. Even with Cleats and batting gloves too ! Good question ! Anybody know the answer ?