Gloves on Ebay - Soriano collectors....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joelsabi
    • Aug 2005

Re: Gloves on Ebay - Soriano collectors....

Originally posted by allstarsplus
    joelsabi - A further point, I believe the glove on eBay is Sori's 2nd baseman's glove while the one you showed I believe is his outfielder's glove.
    gotcha. the mzp40 model is an infielders model glove as advertise on glove stores on the internet.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• markize
      • Apr 2008

Joel, Andrew,

I have sent another email to Mizuno about when the gold stamping stopped. They told me initially that they stopped stamping in gold because of problems with "flaking and running issues" they no longer stamp in gold.
      After they confirm when they stopped using the gold stamp, I will post the response. I have posted pictures of Sori in 2004-2005 with a glove that has the gold stamp, so I can only guess they stopped after that time. I also posted pics of my Sori 2B glove that is the same style as the ebay glove minus the gold stamp, and white outter palm lining (mine is black). I believe it is no doubt a 2B glove, but no way from the Yankees.

Mark

Comment

• markize
        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by joelsabi
        gotcha. the mzp40 model is an infielders model glove as advertise on glove stores on the internet.
        Joel,

in addition, Mizuno indicated that there is no difference between a pro players glove, and a glove Gounod I could buy except for the embroidered name. I will post the complete email later tonight.

Mark

Comment

• markize
          • Apr 2008

Crap, iPhone buttons are too small for my fingers. It should read, there is no difference between a pro glove and one you or I could buy aside from the embroidered name

Mark

Comment

• joelsabi
            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by markize
            Joel, Andrew,

I have sent another email to Mizuno about when the gold stamping stopped. They told me initially that they stopped stamping in gold because of problems with "flaking and running issues" they no longer stamp in gold.
            After they confirm when they stopped using the gold stamp, I will post the response. I have posted pictures of Sori in 2004-2005 with a glove that has the gold stamp, so I can only guess they stopped after that time. I also posted pics of my Sori 2B glove that is the same style as the ebay glove minus the gold stamp, and white outter palm lining (mine is black). I believe it is no doubt a 2B glove, but no way from the Yankees.

Mark
            just thinking off the top of my head. do you when the sunbird mizuno? is it for different models or for different production year range.

heres a 2001 non sunbird mizuno mzp 40 from another player. Jay Canizaro 2001

this is just on my research and may have no bearing but throwing it out there.
            Attached Files
            Regards,
            Joel S.
            joelsabi @ gmail.com
            Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• joelsabi
              • Aug 2005

just thinking off the top of my head. do you when the sunbird mizuno? is it for different models or for different production year range.

heres a 2001 non sunbird mizuno mzp 40 from another player. Jay Canizaro 2001

this is just on my research and may have no bearing but throwing it out there.
              opps sorry no editting. do you know when the sunbird mizuno logo was used on the front of the fielding glove. i have seen both logos on soriano gloves.
              Regards,
              Joel S.
              joelsabi @ gmail.com

Comment

• joelsabi
                • Aug 2005

front of glove.
                Attached Files
                Regards,
                Joel S.
                joelsabi @ gmail.com

Comment

• markize
                  • Apr 2008

opps sorry no editting. do you know when the sunbird mizuno logo was used on the front of the fielding glove. i have seen both logos on soriano gloves.
                  Joel,

not sure when the logos changed, but that glove doesn't have the gold stamp so depending on Mizuno's response, I would guess after 2004-2005.

Mark

Comment

• markize
                    • Apr 2008

front of glove.
                    Joel,

again, with the exception of the gold stamp, my Sori glove has the same 3D logo inside, although it is very faded. I'll try to post picturess later when I get home.

Mark

Comment

• allstarsplus
                      • Nov 2005

This looks like a Wilson glove during Spring Training.

Click image for larger version

Name:	soriano.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	658558
                      Regards,
                      Andrew Lang
                      AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                      202-716-8500

Comment

• markize
                        • Apr 2008

Ok, just heard back from Mizuno. Here's the response:

Hi Mark,

Thank you for contacting Mizuno USA. *We stopped using the gold ink between
                        the 2003 and 2004 product lines. *There is also a chance that the gold ink
                        could have worn out on the glove that you are considering buying. *That was
                        one of the main reasons we stopped doing it. *Let us know if we can help
                        you further.

Best regards,

Mizuno USA

Comment

• allstarsplus
                          • Nov 2005

*There is also a chance that the gold ink
                          could have worn out on the glove that you are considering buying.
                          Best regards,

Mizuno USA
                          I thought of that possibility and I would think you would have to look at the overall wear/use of the glove for any consistency to all the gold flaking off.

The fact the other gloves still have the gold embossing on there is a fairly good indicator although you can't be 100% certain in any regards if there are no other "year" indicators on the gloves.
                          Regards,
                          Andrew Lang
                          AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                          202-716-8500

Comment

• joelsabi
                            • Aug 2005

Joel,

not sure when the logos changed, but that glove doesn't have the gold stamp so depending on Mizuno's response, I would guess after 2004-2005.

Mark
                            for future reference, looking at ichro and soriano glove at gettys, the change to sunbird logo was in 2007. i first did ichiro and then tested my hypothesis using sorianos photos. seems to pan out. any one else use mizuno gloves?
                            Regards,
                            Joel S.
                            joelsabi @ gmail.com

Comment

• joelsabi
                              • Aug 2005

for future reference, looking at ichro and soriano glove at gettys, the change to sunbird logo was in 2007. i first did ichiro and then tested my hypothesis using sorianos photos. seems to pan out. any one else use mizuno gloves?
                              hypothesis stuck down. i just tried chipper jones and todd helton and its not true for them. so its not across the board for all models or jones and helton hold onto old models.
                              Regards,
                              Joel S.
                              joelsabi @ gmail.com

Comment

• markize
                                • Apr 2008

sorry for the delay in getting these posted. below are 2 gloves I own. the first is a Yankees 2B glove from 2002-2003. the second is an OF glove from 2008. both fully gold stamped.

Mark
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...