X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 33bird
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: January Pickups

Picked up a Manny Ramirez game used Red Sox bat (2006) from a fellow GUU member. Also got a Ken Griffey R155 73-75 Hornsby colored gamer from their championship days from another forum member. A 2002 Ryan Jensen Giants road jersey from their WS year with Giants coa from Mike Quick. I got other stuff coming in too, so I'll be posting a lot on here this month!
    Attached Files

Comment

• CampWest
      • May 2008

Originally posted by 33bird
      Picked up a Manny Ramirez game used Red Sox bat (2006) from a fellow GUU member. Also got a Ken Griffey R155 73-75 Hornsby colored gamer from their championship days from another forum member. A 2002 Ryan Jensen Giants road jersey from their WS year with Giants coa from Mike Quick. I got other stuff coming in too, so I'll be posting a lot on here this month!
      Great add on the Manny, I got to it a little late and you beat me...
      sigpic
      Wes Campbell

Comment

• mfsquirrelmaster
        • Jan 2007

So far this year I've only added a couple home run balls. Darren Daulton's 22nd from 1992 and Chris Widger's 10th of 1998. Thank You's to Dave Miedema for the Widger ball.
        Attached Files

Comment

• twinsbb17
          • Jul 2007

Picked up these two Erstad bats within days of each other. One from ebay, the other from Vintage Authentics.

Ultimate Collector of Darin Erstad, Nick Blackburn, Michael Restovich, and Twins Game Used Jerseys

Comment

• markfd
            • Jul 2006

Picked up my first Jeter GU item, this 2001 GU bat courtesy of Tim from HOFbats.com.

I took these with my iphone so I could post, hope to take better photos soon.
            Attached Files

Comment

• jetersbatboy
              • Jun 2008

Wade Boggs signed game used bat. The pine tar is light for a boggs gamer but the pattern is consistent for one. There is a light coat near the center brand and light transfer on the lower handle. there is a good and concentrated contact pattern below the labeling on a left hand hitters side, and there is also good and concentrated contact pattern above the the labeling, which is a little odd. But the way the patterns are so concentrated in one area, they could only be done by a great hitter like boggs. On the knob there is 12 written in Boggs typical style for that time period. All and all I think a very nice gamer with moderate use from a HOF.
              Attached Files

Comment

• nationals2k9
                • Sep 2008

Picked up a pretty sweet Manny Ramirez autographed Beckett magazine from Nov '93 with JSA authentication. The signature is a very crisp early Manny full name (signed "Manuel").

Also unique to Manny's career, it's a nice shot from one of the 22 games he played in late 1993 his first time up in the bigs and shows the construction of the new ballpark in the background.

I got out my April '93 manufactured batting helmet and think I may have a shot at a match. There's a very noticeable chip on the brim of the helmet that looks to match up with the helmet Manny is wearing in the photo. Of course I'm not 100% sure but it makes me feel even better about having a legit rookie helmet.
                Attached Files

Comment

• STLHAMMER32
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by nationals2k9
                  Picked up a pretty sweet Manny Ramirez autographed Beckett magazine from Nov '93 with JSA authentication. The signature is a very crisp early Manny full name (signed "Manuel").

Also unique to Manny's career, it's a nice shot from one of the 22 games he played in late 1993 his first time up in the bigs and shows the construction of the new ballpark in the background.

I got out my April '93 manufactured batting helmet and think I may have a shot at a match. There's a very noticeable chip on the brim of the helmet that looks to match up with the helmet Manny is wearing in the photo. Of course I'm not 100% sure but it makes me feel even better about having a legit rookie helmet.
                  I'd say you should feel very comfortable with that being a legit helmet...looks like it is in the same spot and can't imagine the chances of having a sizeable chip in the brim in the exact spot on two different helmets!

Comment

• Manram
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by STLHAMMER32
                    I'd say you should feel very comfortable with that being a legit helmet...looks like it is in the same spot and can't imagine the chances of having a sizeable chip in the brim in the exact spot on two different helmets!
                    I agree. You don't ever see helmets with the same chips or marks in the same exact place, used during the same year

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
                      • May 2009

-GU 2004 Jerry Morales home and road Expos jerseys (Special thanks to Jim "jdr3")

Comment

• vdsporty25
                        • Feb 2009

Here are some of my pickups from a pretty busy month! 2009 Taylor Teagarden uncracked gamer, 2009 uncracked Salty Signed Gamer, 2009 uncracked Tulowitzki Slugger, 09 cracked JJ Gamer, 09 Brian Mccann cracked Gamer and my third 2009 Ian Kinsler cracked slugger! Special thanks to GYRO123 as well as the Atlanta Braves Contact Lisa on my recent pickups! Enjoy......
                        Attached Files
                        Thanks a lot
                        Josh

Comment

• GarkoCollector
                          • Sep 2008

2 Major pickups for me:

an ultra rare UNCRACKED Garko Marucci Bat...very few exist and no other uncracked ones known to exist.

Game used/Signed Garko 1B Mitt

Comment

• dcgreg25
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by GarkoCollector
                            2 Major pickups for me:

an ultra rare UNCRACKED Garko Marucci Bat...very few exist and no other uncracked ones known to exist.

Game used/Signed Garko 1B Mitt
                            Tom, congrats on the glove- looks like it shows some good use!

Comment

• gatorcollector
                              • Aug 2005

Alex Brown unwashed gamer from 10/21/07 vs. Philly. Jersey is absolutley hammered. Props to JO Sports - I bought it last Friday and had it in my hands yesterday (Monday).
                              Attached Files

Comment

• gameu08
                                • Sep 2008

Just picked up this awesome Ken griffey jr game used bat from centerfield sports....my first potential HOFer game used bat
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...